Sunday, April 7, 2013

It Feels Like Another Great Day For Shopping

April 7, 2013

Gosh, I can't believe that a whole week in April has gone by already.  Time is starting to speed up again now that the good weather is about to begin.  This is when it should slow down just a speck so that we can enjoy some of it. 

Yesterday morning, Joe went with Pogo and me to Home Depot to shop for a new clothes dryer.  They were having a rather nice sale, and I was able to get one at a very good price.  I don't need anything fancy.  The machine just has to dry the clothes when I push the button. 

We also got a new barbecue grill that was on sale.  I decided on one that uses charcoal instead of bottled gas.  This way, I don't have to worry about tanks running out and my having to go to the store to replace them.  If anyone wants to cook on the grill, they can use charcoal.

We did walk a bit through the garden area.  However, as much as I would have liked to buy a bunch of new plants, I did not.  Maybe in another week or two we can start with the new plants.  I did, however, buy one pot of pansies.  Let's face it.  You just cannot leave the garden center without buying something! 

You know, with all the warmer days that we've been having, there are still piles of snow scattered all over the place.  We probably need another couple weeks of warm temperatures before it will all be gone. 

This morning I have some cute photos of some of the visitors at the Mrs' bird feeder.  As little as they are, these tiny birds certainly do have personalities.  Some like to be bossy, and others simply follow.  In this first photo, the purple finch is giving the nuthatch and the titmouse a bit of his mind.

 
And in this photo, he's tossing his weight around with a little chickadee.  This was surely his day to be bossy.


And here's a close up of the little chickadee after the "bossman" left the feeder.  He's looking around to make sure the finch has really left so that he can eat in peace.


Well, it's getting close to time for me to pack up my things to be ready to go home.  Today is a new day, and I think it feels like another shopping day.  Eddie might be coming by this morning.  If he does, we'll head back to Home Depot to see what other mischief we can get into.

If it isn't windy this afternoon (like it was yesterday) maybe Pogo and I can take a ride to the park.  I think that would finish off the day really nice.  Tomorrow I will post the first two parts of our April kit "Spring Is In The Air".  Till then, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Left Brain has always insisted on charcoal for the grill, he thinks the food taste better. I think I'd prefer the ease of the gas, but there you are.

You have fun shopping - it's always fun to have new things, whether they be large or small.

Nani said...

You'll have to let me know what you think of Shoeless Joe. It was okay, but personally, I liked the movie better. I know that's weird, I usually read the book after seeing the movie so I can be impressed with both instead of disappointed with the movie. I didn't dislike the book, just liked the movie better.

But still, I might try the Iowa Baseball Confederacy my cousin suggested!

I've always preferred charcoal,. I like the quick-light, but only Match-light I tried store brand once and it left a nasty lighter fluid taste in anything cooked over it; yuck!

I don't even know how warm it got, but it's 61 right now (almost 4:30) and sunny, sunny, sunny. AHHH! Reds won and Red Sox chewed up the Blue Jays today! Not so happy in Detroit though. But I figure the Red Sox score will make you, David and Seamhead Gypsy happy today! That makes me happy too! :)

I'll be back tomorrow to check out the new kit!!

Hugs, Nani


smiekeltje said...

It's always a nice feeling, going to shop for something you really need and find it and then also at a good price.
I always love the charcoal barbecue. On gas it doesn;t seem to be the same.
Oh you were a good girl at the garden department, okay, just a pot of pansies, but how strong you were!!! LOL.
Yes, it needs at least a couple of weeks before planting things in the garden. Here it certainly will have to wait, temps have to rise and stay a bit steady.
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra