Saturday, March 16, 2013

Our Last Wonderful Day In Florida

March 16, 2013

Good morning on this last day of our vacation.  It will be sunny and warm, and in the low 80's F.  I've decided to lighten the load for my suitcase, and mail some stuff home.  So this morning, I will take a bag of stuff to the nearby UPS store and ship it to myself back home. 

Su will be leaving probably by early afternoon, and Pogo and I will have one last afternoon and evening here before heading out tomorrow morning..  I will miss the beautiful weather, but it will be nice to be back home too.

I will have one unpleasant chore to tend to when I get back home, and that is to report (to the airline) the theft of personal belongings from my suitcase by airline personnel.  I usually pin my little keys to the tiny lock  on a long ribbon inside a top outside pocket on the suitcase.  This whole thing was stolen.  I had a brand new pair of flip flops inside the bottom larger pocket on the outside of the suitcase and these were also stolen. 

On my previous flight, it was again just small stuff missing.  I did not report it that time to the airline because it was so small, but having it happen again this last last time has just made me angry.  It is just so sad that you cannot trust the airline to protect your belongings.  You really have to make sure that anything of value will all fit into your carry-on bag.

This morning, as I sit here and type, Pogo is asleep all curled up in a blanket on the chair next to me.  (The chair is up against the mirror on the wall.)   He likes to burrow into the blanket where he can be cozy.  I couldn't resist taking a photo of him to share with you. 



Every day, I give thanks that this little doggie was sent to me.   He is a constant source of joy.  I am so amazed at how much progress he has made with his potty training.  I've only had him for about seven and a half months, and he is about 95% potty trained.  I think that is just fabulous!   Since we have been here in Florida, he has only had a couple of mishaps.  That's not bad for being in a completely different surrounding.

I also have a pretty photo that I took of a bird in the Walmart parking lot.  He was perched on a little tree, calling to his friends while he was preening himself.


I hear Su waking now so it's time to get dressed and get my day started.   Pogo and I are going to savor this last beautiful day here.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

That's just awful that thing, little things, anything, gets taken from your bag! I had lost any joy in flying anyway and I would rather drive for longer trips because if I have to fly, I want to do it with just a carry-on. (I have a commuter bag that I bought specifically because it fits in the overhead compartment; I used to fly more often.) They worry about passengers passing through rigorous security, but they need to screen their employees better!

Cozy Pogo is so cute! And WTG Pogo on potty training! I agree, especially great that he's doing so well in a strange place.

If you bring back any of that 80 degrees, please bring enough for it to cover Toledo too. I know that's asking a lot, but maybe UPS will ship that too! :)

Safe travels, my friend!

Hugs, Nani

Debby said...

I usually fly United and carry on my luggage since they charge to check a bag and I refuse to pay . Wonder when they have time to did into someone's luggage to steal things......hmmmm, that is scary. Once flying on a night flight, I woke up to find my carry on in a different place across the isle.....that was weird. Yes, I sure would let them know about things that were missing.
I'm glad Pogo found you. That's great on the potty training. Yorkie's are hard. Mine still isn't and never will be.
Safe travels tomorrow.

smiekeltje said...

Pity that you cannot be sure anymore of people. And yes, it is better to have everything of a little value in your hand luggage.
And it's scary that people seem to take anything out of luggage, well, imagine, a pair of flip flops!!! But yes, it easily could have been something different, so I think you are doing the right thing to make a complaint. Don't think it will make a big difference, but if we don't, and nobody does, it will only get worse.
Very strange.
Hopefully your last day will be a nice one and you will have no delay in your travel back.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I don't know what those birds are but I just love the calls they make. I call them my parking lot birds and enjoy trying to imitate their songs to talk to them. They probably refer to me as their parking lot human.