Sunday, March 17, 2013

It's St. Patty's Day And We Are Going Home

March 17, 2013

It's almost 4 a.m., and sleep has been evading me all night.  I did manage a nap for about an hour, but that's all the sleep I could get.  I know, it's just nerves and excitement about going home in  few more hours.  When I crawl into my own little bed later tonight, I will most likely sleep like a baby.

Yesterday morning, Pogo and I went to the UPS store in Celebration (FLA) and had a box of things shipped home.  I don't want anything but clothing and toiletries in my suitcase.   Here's a photo of Pogo watching me get the stuff ready to take to the UPS store.  He gets excited when he knows we are going for a ride in the car.


Early afternoon, Su's daughter and granddaughter arrived to take Su home.  I'll miss you my friend.  Thank you spending this past week with us, and for all your help with Photoshop.

After a while, Pogo and I walked over to the computer room and printed out my boarding pass.  Next, we took a little walk around to look at some of the flowers.  Then we went back to our unit to sit out on the porch and enjoy the gorgeous weather.

While we were out walking, we spotted a little squirrel looking for food in the grass.  Across the street, we saw a pretty gray cat, who also saw the squirrel.  Next thing you know, the cat came running across the street to the grass where the squirrel was sitting. 


Oh dear, I hope that little squirrel sees the cat and runs.  Yup!  He did, and up the palm tree he climbed until he reached a safe spot.   The cat gave up the chase and left, but the little squirrel stayed up on his safe perch for a while longer.  Here's an adorable photo of him looking down at us.  (Nani, it doesn't get any better than this. A squirrel AND a palm tree!) lol.


I've been watching the Weather Channel to see what the weather will be like in Boston when I get home, but the forecasters down here don't seem to go into very much detail about Boston's weather.  One minute they say that it will be clear with snow by Tuesday.  A little while later, they say that there will be snow and rain through Monday.  I give up!  What will be, will be.

Pogo can feel that something is in the air too.  His appetite was off last night, and he stayed extra close by me.  About an hour ago he finally got hungry so I gave him an early breakfast.  Now he is napping, so I think I'll make myself a cup of coffee, and maybe some toast. 

As soon as daylight gets here, we'll be packing up the rental car and taking it back to where I got it.  There will be a driver waiting to take Pogo and me to the airport.  I pay a little extra for this service of picking me up at the airport and taking me back to the airport, but I think it's worth it.  I feel much safer travelling alone this way. 

Well, that's all my news for this morning.  For all of you celebrating, I wish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Kappy homecoming and hopefully in notto bad weather.
That little squirrel is adorable!
Have a safe trip and hope you will find all okay at home.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Hope your homecoming is not too cold after the heat of Florida. Always sad to leave, but so much fun to get back to your own home! Hope the trip was a safe one and you and Pogo get re-acclimated to New England weather!
Great photo of the cat, squirrel and Pogo.
Chat more later!
Hugs,
Mat

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

My Goodness, I have a lot of catching up to do. I haven't seen a computer since last Wednesday. We were traveling back from Nebraska the same day (St. Patrick's Day) as you. Our weather was clear all the way home, but this morning I got up to a light snow fall ... pretty, but I have had enough of pretty snow. I am ready for Spring.

I haven't read the days I missed yet so I will be commenting later. I know you had a wonderful time with Su and Pogo I just want to see the details.

Our trip was amazing. I saw things I could never have imagined and learned more about what man continues to do to the habitat that our wildlife depends on ... and what some special people are doing about it. It will probably take me weeks to get all of my pictures organized, but I will be writing about it for awhile.

Hope you are home tucked safely in your own comfy bed getting the rest you need. Will be back later ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

I was happy to see the squirrel made it safely. I realize it's nature, but I really don't like to watch another animal get killed.