Sunday, March 24, 2013

Goodness, What A Day!!

March 24, 2013

Good morning.  I'm at work, and it has been a long night.  I have Pogo with me, and the Mrs won't allow him out of the kitchen.  Goodness knows why.  All her family members bring their dogs here to visit and they have the run of the house.  My tiny little dog has to stay in the kitchen on a leash.

Well, so be it.  Problem is, if I leave the room Pogo will bark for me to come back for him.  I can't have him barking all the time so I have to stay in the kitchen with him.  All night!   God bless his little heart! 

To make matters worse, I brought my laptop to work but forgot my mouse.  This is not funny!  Ever tried to do a jig saw puzzle with the touch pad?  Even working in Photoshop proved to be just a bit too much for me.

All of Saturday was out of whack for me.  It started in the morning when I missed my appointment at the nail salon because I was watching the only clock that has not been set to daylight savings time.  Well, I got that appointment re-scheduled for a bit later.

When it was time to leave for my appointment, I grabbed my coat and purse, and ran out the door.  I reached in my purse for my car keys, and -- OH NO!  Yup, you guessed it.  I've locked my keys inside and now I can't get back in.  I finally called my son in law, Eddie.  He came right over and let me in.  What would I do without him?

 I made it to my appointment but alas, there was no parking spot open for me.  I drove around a bit and finally found a place to park.  All this, and I was only five minutes late.  Not bad for a cranky old lady.  (By now, I was quite cranky!)

When I left the nail salon, I went to Job Lots to get some dryer softener sheets and a couple of baby blankets.  When I got inside the store, I forgot what it was that I had come for so I just wandered around hoping to find what I needed.  I went home with bags and bags of goodies, but no dryer sheets and no baby blankets. 

By now, I was hoping for a nap before it was time to leave for work but it was already too late.  So here I sit, bleary eyed and in need of some winks.   With a little luck, this last hour will fly by and I can go home to my cozy little bed. 

I do have some photos to share with you this morning.  This first photo shows the first flowers to blossom.  Lots and lots of Snow Drops in the snow.

 
Friday afternoon, when I was leaving here to go home, there was a little purple finch sitting in the Beauty Bush just watching me.  Even from a distance, his colors were beautiful.



That's my news for this morning.  I'm going crazy trying to use this touch pad.  It keeps erasing everything I have typed and then I have to re-do everything all over again.  I just don't have the patience for this foolish thing.  I need my little mouse!  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

Don't you hate days like that. Wonder why the Mrs. doesn't like Pogo. You would think she would adore him. Poor Pogo. I hope it gets better when you go home.

The Queen Jester said...

Those are the kind of days that make you just want to pull the covers over your head and go back to bed. Love the signs of spring with the snowdrops.

smiekeltje said...

Teah, I have experience with such days too, they are not frequent, lucky me, but they popup.
Best is to endure and pray the day will go by as quickly as possible LOL!
Sending good vibes to you for a better day today!
Hug
Kyra

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.