Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February Is Slip, Slip, Slipping Away!

February 27, 2013

Good morning.  Wow, February is slipping away so fast!  After tomorrow it will already be March, and Spring will only be three weeks away.  Woo Hoo!  I'm trying to be cheerful because it has been raining here all through the night and today.  It has melted a lot of the snow, but there is still plenty of it left. 

The weather forecast calls for rain ( or even snow - oh yuk!) straight through Friday.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays nice all weekend so that my flight won't be cancelled.  Pogo and I leave Sunday morning for sunny Florida.  Just think!  Two whole weeks to laze about in the warm sunshine.  We can go for walks every day and that will help me to get back into an exercise routine.  I hope.

Here's a photo I took the other day.  Do you know what it is?  Is it a cactus plant growing in a "sugar crystal" desert?


That's a good guess, but it's not a cactus plant.  It's a sprig of the hedge that is completely covered with snow.


My coffee isn't helping very much to keep me awake this morning.  Pretty soon I'm going to have to take a nap.  Janet will be here this afternoon.  Today is our day to share supper and have fun.  Hmmmm, I wonder what we'll have for supper?  Maybe a pizza?  That sounds pretty good to me.

Pogo and I just watched "Cat In The Hat" and now "Build A Word" is on (TV).  I know, I know.  It's sad to see a wise old mind being amused with children's cartoons.  But they are so fun!  Today all the animals are teaching Robot how to play baseball and are going to build the words  "ball" and "slide".  My mind can handle this!  lol.

I think maybe I shoud have my nap now.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day. 

Hugs, Edna B. 

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I should be watching "Build A Word". I grew up in the generation that was taught spelling by rote memory
(Oh how I long for phonics). I don't need to tell you what happens to memory as you get older, especially when you have been out of school for Ummm Hummm years. So my dictionary is my friend ... and what is funny is that somethimes my spelling is so off I can't even find it in the dictionary ... sigh!

So good, you are leaving on Sunday. What a great trip you will have ... I am so envious, but at the same time so happy for you. Walking in the sunshine sure beats climbing through snow drifts.

It is way past lunch time and I haven't eaten yet. My stomach is speaking to me and yet here I sit. I was planning to go shopping today, but I think I will put that off until tomorrow. This is turning into a lazy day ... except, Izzi has class tonight and that is anything but lazy.

March is almost here ... I am a Pisces girl so this is my month. I just love the fact that I have made it through another year. I am hoping that I will have many more years to my credit before my time comes. At least, I am still enjoying life (partly by having friends like you) so that makes it all worth while. You have a good time this afternoon, Edna and enjoy that Pizza. It does sound tempting ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

Just a few days and you will be walking in the warm sun WOW!
Just be careful walking out there. We heard in Holland that there was a huge outbreak of alligators, leaving the Everglades because of to less food. So hold Pogo in your arms and do wear some iron high boots in case that..... LOL!
Yes, I know Jan and I are nice people, with a strange humor!
Have a great day with Janet.
Hug
Kyra