Sunday, January 6, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASMINE

January 6, 2013

Today my youngest granddaughter,  Jasmine, turns 13 years old.  She is now officially a teenager.  My oh my, where have all the years gone?  Happy Birthday Sweetie, I love you.

I am still not able to post photos here, so I may have to consider getting Firefox to use for my blog.  Gosh, I surely hope that Blogger gets this problem fixed soon.   Su has been looking into this mess and hopefully she will figure out a way to fix it. 

Last night was the first time I took my computer to work and never took it out of my bag.  Imagine!  After the Mrs was all  tucked in for the night, I read my sale flyers and looked up a few things in my new camera manual.  This manual is written as though I'm very technologically inclined.  Of course, we all know that is just not the case.  I'm a show and learn girl.  I learn so much quicker when someone actually shows me what to do.

Mr. Pogo is on strike against eating dog food.  He says "give me meat!"  If I don't give him his deli meat fix, he goes  running to Joe and barks at him until Joe feeds him some meat.  He has even tried this with a couple of the other dwarfs, but they don't understand "doggie talk".   I tell you, this is one smart little fellow.

I have been buying "gummy" vitamins for adults for quite a while now.  But did you know that now you can get "gummy" diet pills?  Yup, Yup!  I think I shall look into this.  I can't swallow most pills, but I sure can chew my gummies!

I really don't have much for news this morning.   My battery is running down quickly, and I think it's time to hop into bed for a nap.   Tonight is another work night.  So until tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

You have a great day today. It's nice starting my morning with reading blogs.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Well, once again we share in our taste. I love gummie vitamins, because they taste good. I have no problem swallowing pills, but it is much more fun to chomp on my gummies:) The other thing we share is the "show me" learning preference. I don't get much out of the written word(especially when it is written by a techy) because I have to spend all of my time looking up definitions. By the time I figured out what the word means I have forgotten the context. Must be part of the aging process. I would never admit to not being smart, so it is much easier to blame my age, Ha!

I feel bad that you can't post. I hope you don't have to move your whole blog somewhere else ... I am not sure I would be able to find you. Surely Google will get this fixed soon. I know I still can't download if I go in from AOL.

I know the feeling of "Where does the time go". My Granddaughter is 16 now and it seems like just yesterday that we were waiting at the hospital for her to arrive. Happy Birthday to Jasmine ... she is at the beginning of a great adventure. Being a teenager is not easy, but it is one of the more fun times of your life. After that it becomes all responsibilities. Never to be the same ... isn't it a shame that we wish away our youth? I don't think I would want to do it over. I like where I am today, but then I am assuming I will live forever, so age is not an issue :)

Still gloomy and cold here. Yesterday it rained/snowed slush. This morning everything had a thin layer of ice on it. You know, black ice, the kind you can't see. I nearly took a tumble when I went out with Izzi. Even Izzi was slip-sliding on the driveway. We are taking little baby steps now. Can't afford to fall. Broken hips can be the beginning of the end, if you get my gist.

Well, Edna, I think I will send Google another note of frustration and see if I can't jump start some results. I have my fingers crossed that they will fix the problem so you don't have to go through any more of this aggravation. Fingers crossed ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Happy Birthday Jasmine! Hope it is a lovely day for you!
Sorry you are having so many problems with Blogger....try Firefox it is free...I had to totally do away in IE...kept giving me too much problems!
Don't all those 4 legged furry babies dictate to us? I know exactly what mine want when they come to me, food, water, play or just some loving! LOL But we just cannot do without them can we?
Have a lovely rest. Think I will go watch a playoff game, yesterdays were good...both teams I was rooting for won...let's see if today they do as well! LOL!
Hugs for you and Pogo...check back with you tomorrow!

aquascrap said...

Happy Birthday to your Jasmine. They do grow up so fast.

Pogo sounds like quite the little character.....if only he could talk. At least Joe understands his barks.

We are still in the grips of a heatwave though later in the week now the forecast is for some cooler weather.

We are off on holidays next weekend and I don't want it hot, but it sounds as if we will get some more heat.

My day is about to start, I better get busy here.

Hugs
Judy xx