Friday, January 11, 2013

A Fun New "OOOH LA LA" Program on TV

January 11, 2013

It's a little after midnight, 12:08 a.m. Friday.  I thought I would post my blog now so that Pogo and I could get an early start in the morning.  We are going to visit my sister in law, Edie.  Edie has never met Pogo, and Pogo just loves women, so this should be a really fun visit.

I was busy earlier, and missed some of my program, Project Runway All Stars.  Thank goodness it is repeated again within a couple of hours.  I also got to watch another new program, Double Divas.  I don't know if any of you has watched this program yet, but I find it quite entertaining. 

These ladies make women's lingerie and bras.  They specialize in making good fitting bras for extremely endowed ladies.  This is not so easy, as some sizes don't exist.  They have to custom make them for their customer.  There's a bit of fashion and fun tossed in which makes the program rather entertaining.  If you're interested, it's on Lifetime channel at 10 p.m. Thursday.

This week at Photo Art Friday, the theme is to use one of our photos with the "Brown Rice Paper" texture overlay from Bonnie at PDPA.  I've used my photo of mums, applied the texture and Photoshop's "difference" blending mode, brushed in a few twinkling stars, then applied the texture again.  I call it Midnight Garden.

  

 Actually, I think I just might play some more with this bit of photo art.  I think I'd  like to insert a few tiny fairies and maybe butterflies.  Hmmm, I'll have to think on this.

As you know, I love taking pictures of the sky and the clouds.  I took this next photo a while back in the Costco parking lot. The clouds were so big and fluffy, I just couldn't resist!


I've just taken my Alka Seltzer Nighttime cocktail, and now I'm going to finish my strawberry ice cream before shutting off the light.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

nice artwork and beautiful sky! :)

smiekeltje said...

You were early in posting today LOL!
Hope you had a good night's sleep and all fresh and ready for your visit to Edie.
Have a fantastic day!
Hug
Kyra

P.s. Jan loves the soap you sent him for Christmas, it in use allready!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Straberry Ice Cream ... yummmm. I treated myself to a Chocolate-Mint Gelato yesterday with my friend. It goes down so easy and then races to my hips and makes itself at home. Why does everything that tastes good have that downside :(

I love your picture and I agree a few fairies or elves would dance perfectly on your textured petels. I am guessing we will see more of this lovey piece of art.

White fluffy clouds ... enjoy while you can because the grey and the rain are coming. It poured here last night ... so hard that even Izzi preferred to hold it rather than get soooo wet. This morning it isn't raining, but it is still grey.

Oh, lucky Edie gets to meet Pogo. Izzi and I would love to be able to do that some day, though Izzi isn't big on travel. Maybe just me ... it would be fun. Time will tell :)

My daughter and I are off on our adventure today. We were supposed to go out Wednesday, but our haircuts took so long (too much talking between snips) that it was too late to go. Today will actually be better because Bird is gone so I don't have to worry about getting home to feed him. He was such fun ... I am so glad I decided to get back into my Rapture adventures.

You have a great day Edna and give Pogo a love from Izzi.

Andrea @ From the Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

So cool to see you posting photos again. Missed you yesterday as I came by before you posted. Great calendar pages! Love the clouds too! the photo art is very interesting as well! hope you and Pogo have a great visit. Chat more next time! Have a beautiful weekend! Hugs to both of you! Mat

Anonymous said...

I love the title "midnight garden"! and the sky shot is amazing!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Love your midnight garden, Edna. Great job editing.

The Queen Jester said...

Well duh! It never occured to me to use some of my flower photos and manipulate them to create my own textures. Why is it always the obvious solutions that hide from me. Thank you for this wake up call and inspiration. I think I'll be playing with some photoshop this afternoon.

Ida said...

What a fun piece you've created for PAF. I think the edition of fairies would be great.

Marilyn said...

Turned out really cool! I also like your fluffy clouds.