Saturday, January 26, 2013

A CuddleUppet For Pogo

January 26, 2013

Oh wow, be still my heart!  I'm looking at the calendar and see that we're almost out of January.  I'm like the little train engine who is going uphill.  I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!!  I can make it till Spring.  Beautiful, lovely, warmer Spring is only seven and a half weeks away.  And, Florida and all it's sunshine is only five weeks away. 

Good morning.  Just the thought that these things are so close is giving me a new boost of energy.  Not that I'm going to run around and kill off all the dust bunnies, but each time I have to go out will get easier now.  I just do not like going out in the cold!

Yesterday, my relief at work came early, so I stopped to pick up my orders at Best Buy on the way home.  Each day, I get the deal of the day from Best Buy in my in-box.  One of those deals was this adorable CuddleUppet.  It's a fleecy blanket that doubles as a big yellow doggie puppet.  Oh what fun for Pogo!  (Well, sort of.  He loves the blanket part, but absolutely does not like the big yellow dog!)


The other item was a 32 GB high speed SDHC.  I like to have extra cards in my camera bag, along with extra batteries.  One never knows when things will fill up or need to be charged.  While I was at Best Buy, I had a look at the external hard drives, and bought me a new one.  I tend to fill them up rather quickly.  This one is a Western Digital 2TB portable drive, and should last me a while.  It's such a cute little thing!  Only 4 3/8" x 3 1/4" and less than 3/4" thick.


Today, I hope to get out and do a bit of food shopping.  The salami and sliced turkey deli meats from last week were delicious, and I want to pick up some more along with another package of sandwich buns. 

Yesterday, I did not post my new award because I was at work and did not have time to think about the questions that come with it.  I will work on that today, and post it all in the morning along with a list of new recipients.

And guess what?  Blogger has finally got the browser box fixed, and I was able to do the post and upload the photos all on Blogger.  Woo Hoo!

Now I'm going to have me a hot cup of coffee and work on the award questions.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a splendid day.  (Wowee, there's a new word!)

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh, you do like those techy toys ... You are so right. You will want the extra memory for your camera when you are in Florida, I am willing to bet. I don't think anybody is worse than I am about taking too many pictures. I can't tell you how many times I have been shooting and suddenly I get the message "full CF" ...Argh. I am fully prepared now, though. I have extra in my camera bag along with a back up battery. The real problem is in storing all of those pictures ... I fill up the storage devices and then what. Every once in a while I go through and edit ... but I am a horder when it comes to my pictures. I really have a hard time deleting anything ... ugh!

My expo just keeps getting better and better. It's not enough that I get to spend all of this time with the birds, but the people at the show are all nature lovers and respect how nature works. They love the birds and they all have great stories to tell about their own experience with with raptors ... Not only that, and this is just between you and me, some of these guys are HOT! Oh my, eye candy. They can watch my birds while I watch them. And then some handsome dude will come along with a wonderful Eastern European accent ... I have to keep reminding myself that I am in my 70's for God sake :) Of course that is the farthest thing from their minds so I am safe, Ha!

Well, need to get my show on the road. I will take Izzi to school this morning, then back to the Expo for more "bird watching" :) Have a great day Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow, cute gift for Pogo. Let him get used to it, he will warm up to it!
Yep, I think a trip to Florida would put some pep in you right now! Am so happy you are getting to go!
Love the 2T external drive...I am over half full(of scrapkits and photos) on my 1T so probably should be getting me another one....LOL!
Have a good rest and a wonderful Sunday! Chat more tomorrow, I am tired and going to take a break! Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

That big ole dog probably looks a bit intimidating to Pogo, but I'll bet they become friends.

Glad to hear the photo thing on Blogger is fixed - now I can start adding more photos without having to fight with it so much.

That's almost as good news as hearing spring is coming!