Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Big Temperature Drop Today

December 5, 2012

Ah, good morning.  Today is supposed to be another great day before the cold temps smack us in the face again.  Pogo and I just came in from outside, and it is warm and wet.  It's 57 degrees F with light rain.  Along with rain on and off this afternoon, the temps will drop to the mid 40's, and then tonight they will drop to the mid 20's.  Brrrr.

I really shouldn't complain because Winter is officially only 16 days away.  But then, Spring is only about 106 days away too!  I guess putting it that way, it's easier to get through the Winter months.

Today my packages are supposed to arrive.  I am all set to get these goodies wrapped and into their respective boxes.  Joe (dwarf) says he will go to the post office with me to help carry the boxes.  I'm hoping to do this tomorrow or Friday. 

I'm hoping to get to designing later today.  I have a few projects on my laptop that are wanting to be finished.  One of these days, I need to get back to my photo class lessons.  I was doing so good with them before they dwindled away and stopped.  By the time they started up again, my interest had waned, so now it is a chore to get back to them.  I would think that teachers would be aware of this sort of thing, and keep breaks between classes to a minimum.

How about a couple of warm photos?  I took the Tufted Titmouse a few days ago at work.  The second photo is the view out my car window as I sat in the Drive Thru line at McDonalds this past Monday morning.  On my way home from work (mornings) I stop to get breakfast and coffee for Pogo's sitter.  I took this photo because this is not the normal view for December that I grew up with.



See that sign for Newman's Own coffee?  Let me tell you that this is pretty good coffee, either hot or iced.  See all that green grass?  We never used to have green grass everywhere in December when I was younger.  Hmmmm,  big changes coming?

Well, now I'm going to make a cup of coffee, and whip up some breakfast for Pogo and me.  This morning we (Pogo) are going to try some of Newman's Own organic doggie food.  Me, I think I'll have Raisin Bran cereal.  Mmmm, sounds good.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Wow, Raison Bran, I haven't had that in years. I agree it sounds good and a cup of coffee would be good right now as well. I haven't had my first cup yet, so my functioning is still at a sleepy level.

All your packages mailed by Friday ... How cool. I am happy for you, but not for me. I am not there yet ... yes, I am trying, trying, trying ...

What art projects are you working on. I would love to have time to do some artsy stuff. That is probably why you haven't done your camera class ... too many things going on. You will get back to it when the dust settles.

I am going to be short and sweet this morning. I am off to my friends who lives on a ranch. We are going to get pictures of her dogs as a surprise for her husband. Should be fun ... no pressure, ya right! I am in no way a professional photographer, but people keep asking me to take pictures for them because they know I take pictures. I always tell them "no guarantee's!" Okay out for a short bit with Izzi, then I am off. You have a wonderful day Edna and bundle up. We have already hit the low 30's and it isn't pretty :(

Andrea @ From The Sol

The Queen Jester said...

Wow - you really do carry your camera with you everywhere! I'm inspired even more by your efforts and talents.

I'm not sure how people can deny the changing of the climates anymore, it seems pretty obvious to me.

smiekeltje said...

The pic of the titmouse is so wonderful. Like the blueish sheer that is on it. Makes it a bit mysterious.
Some days here(like this morning) weather looks about the same as on your last photo.
Some strange clouds( color spoken) but also blue sky and sun. And almost no wind.
Hmmm, hopefully a goo day for the curtains.
Also want to post a package, or that has to wait till tomorrow, we'll see. And if possible want to start getting the boxes for Christmas down from the closets and already put them into the room. Oh my, too much to do!
Hey, have a nice day with Pogo!
Hug
Kyra