Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cool Weather Coming

October 6, 2012

Good afternoon.  We're enjoying another gorgeous day before the cold snap sets in.  Tonight the temps will take a thirty degree drop.  Tomorrow the daytime temp will be down about twenty degrees.  The cooler weather is definitely settling in here.

I had to leave Pogo at home alone today for a little while so that I could go to Walmart and pick up a few things.  He was such a good boy!  He did not decorate the kitchen and pantry with doggie doo.  The first few times I left him home alone, he not only did his doo everywhere, but walked all through it and then walked and jumped everywhere he could.  After all, if you're going to do something, do it right! 

Well, yesterday we went to the craft store and I bought everything I need to mount and mat my photos.  Now I just have to put it all together.  This is a first for me, but it's fun.

Has anyone noticed the increase in junk calls that we are getting on our home phones?  It seems as though one in every six calls is an advertisement to either sell me politics or products or take a survey.  After a very restless night, I managed to fall asleep this morning.  While I was trying to catch up on some sleep, the phone rang at least five times, and two of those calls were junk calls.  Jeesh!

Today, I have a couple of dragonfly photos to share.  These were taken a few weeks ago, but I don't think I ever posted them. 



Now I must do a few things around here before it's time to start getting ready for work tonight.  Plus, Pogo wants to play.  He's been sitting here beside me patiently waiting for me to finish on the computer.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Pogo definately deserves some playing time, being such a good boywhen you were out!!!
We have coller weather too, but today and even yesterday it still was nice.
There was some rain in the afternoon, but before and after it was rather sunny. And today sun is shining, so even if it's a bit fresh, Jan has luck doing his shift.
Neighbour of upper appartment will come hopefully today, to see our leak and I hope he will fix the thing soon somewhere with him. First let's hope he will come as he said LOL.
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Both photographs are wonderful but the second one is especially stunning. I love the mood it reflects, the quiet and tranquility of the moment. Nicely done.
We are enjoying good fast internet right now thanks to who ever has it and our Wi-Fi Ranger for grabbing it. I feel just lost when I can't get online.
It's cold here also but after days in the 80's it feels good to pull on some sweats in the morning. You have a great day my friend!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O my, these are terrific shots Ms Edna, lovely little things aren't they! We had a 30 degree drop in 1 12 hours time, but I'm loving it, it is so nice after mid 80's! LOL! U N Pogo have fun playing! Hugs, Mat