Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A New Program To Learn

September 26, 2012

Good afternoon.  We are on a run of cloudy, rainy days with a speck of sunshine every now and then.  It's still warm though, in the 70's, so I'm still happy with the weather. 

Last night's camera club meeting was better than the week before.  The guest speaker showed us some of his collection of Macro photos, and Hunt's camera shop had reps there with products for sale.  I bought me "Color Efex Pro 4".    Today I went on line and bought me a manual to learn how to use the program.  I thought these might cheer me up somewhat.

Wayne came by last night and picked up my dead drive.  He was all doom and gloom about having any hopes for saving anything.  I think I'm going to make me a stuffed effigy of Wayne holding an external drive, and burn it in the driveway if he fails.  This won't really help, but thinking about it is sort of fun.

I guess according to Wayne, I should be backing up on as many hard drives as I possibly can.  They can't all burn out at the same time.  Geesh!  Like I have nothing else to do with  my time!

Oh dear, I just got a phone call asking me to go in to work tonight.  I was planning on a nice quiet night of TV, but I said I would go in.  This will give me next Saturday night off.  Not a bad trade.

Yesterday, Pogo and I walked around the yard, and I got lots of photos of all the butterflies that were enjoying the butterfly bushes.  I even managed to get a shot of one of the butterflies on his way to the bush. 



Seeing as how I will be working tonight, I need to get busy here and do a few things, like run the vacuum cleaner and wash the dishes.  So, I'm off now.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

I should probably have another external drive to backup my files too. I have things on the one ED and on my hard drive. I have a few things duplicated on the Mac too, but transferring between Mac and Windows creates extra files that I never know if I should keep or not. Hopefully I'll be getting some help with getting a power chair and van soon so I can get back to work. Then I'll be scrapping less, taking fewer photos, buys I'll be able to afford more storage for them. LOL Gotta love that Murphy!

I love your butterflies! Enjoy your new software.

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Seems to be good advice, to backup your backup and then backup that again on another drive LOL! But yes, there are more fun to do with time we have.
Still it's aweful frustrating to loose stuff for designing and pictures etc.
It will always be the risc of the computer.
Oh my, suddenly change of working night. But as you said, not a bad deal, to be Satuday off.!
Have fun. LOL.
Hugs
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

so glad you enjoyed the class, and hope you enjoy the new program too! love these photos! Have a good night at work! Hugs!! Mat