Saturday, August 4, 2012

A New Award, Thank You Thank You!

August 4, 2012

Good morning.  Pogo and I went outside at 7 this morning, and the sun was shining and it was already quite warm.  I guess that meant that today will be another scorcher, humid around 90F.  Yesterday was a doozy, and the Mrs simply would not let me put the AC on.  So I slipped and slopped around in sweat until 3 p.m. when I got in my car to go home.  Thank goodness my car has air conditioning.  It helps me to breathe.

 The sad part of all of this is that when the next shift came on, Mrs didn't mind letting her put the AC on.  I sometimes feel like dog food at work.  It's so sad that some people arent't happy unless they are making someone else miserable.  Unfortunately, this is one of the Mrs' traits.  Not only is she an expert grump, but she delights in being mean to some folks.  Sad to say, I've been on her "mean list" for years.  I just expect it.

Mat from Mat's Memories honored me with the Sunshine Award.  Thank you so much Mat.  What a lovely surprise.  The rules for this are simple.  (1) thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog  (2) answer the following questions about yourself (below)  (3) choose 10 of your favorite blogs to give the award to, and leave them a comment letting them know about it.  Last, be sure to paste the award to your blog. 


Okay, here are the questions and answers.

Favorite Color - Orange (and yellow, lime green, rosy pink)
Favorite Animal - I love them all, but I have a soft spot for small dogs.
Favorite Number - I don't really have a favorite number.
Favorite Drink - Spring water.  (then orange juice and iced coffee)
Facebook or Twitter - I don't have time for these.  I use my blog to share news, etc.
Good Book or Good Movie - I read a lot both paper versions or e-books.  I don't do many movies but I do love the TV program "Project Runway".
My Passion - My family and friends, photography, blogging and scrapping, nature and of course animals.  Especially little Pogo.
Giving or Getting Gifts - I love giving gifts.  Especially for no reason at all, just because.  Of course, I always love opening gifts too.
Favorite Day - Any day I'm not working.  Actually, every day is a gift.
Favorite Flower - Oh gosh, they are all so beautiful.  I guess I would have to say the Rose.

I start my mornings off by reading eight blogs that I really enjoy.  
Kyra at http://www.smiekeltje.blogspot.com  (already has this award) and
Mat at http://www.matsmemories.blogspot.com (gave me this award)

I will pass the award on to the other six blogs.  If you haven't visited some of these blogs, treat yourself and stop by for a visit.  You'll be glad you did.

http://suruha.com
http://lifeinacannedham.blogspot.com
http://chroniclesofnani.blogspot.com
http://fromthesol.blogspot.com
http://aquascrapdays.blogspot.com
http://www.silversnowyraven.blogspot.com

Last night, I worked on some photo art, which I will save for the appropriate photo challenge.  (This is hard for me to do.  I get so excited at how some things come out that I can't wait to share them.)  Later, I took Pogo outside to walk around maybe do something.  YEAH!!  He finally did it!!  One less spot on the carpet!  Gosh, there's hope yet. 

He was not a happy camper about being left behind with a babysitter while I went to work.  He refused to eat both his breakfast and his lunch, and would not drink his water.  He wouldn't piddle outdoors either.  When I got home from work, he wouldn't even look at me.  However, as soon as I opened the door to our part of the house, Pogo flew through the doorway into the safety of his new "forever" home. 

While we were in the yard yesterday, I took a photo of the very first blossom we're getting on the "Rose of Sharon" bush that we planted last Fall.  Everyone else's bushes have been blooming for quite a while now, and I was beginning to think that ours just wasn't going to bloom at all.  The blooms will be lilac, and here's a photo of the first bud.


Now I can't wait to see how the bush will look once it has a few blossoms on it.   I also spotted a wicked green bug on one of the roses, and took a photo of that too.



I'm off work tonight, so I want to think of something nice that Pogo and I can do today.  It feels good to have a weekend night free,  I'll have next Saturday night off too.  Towards the end of the month, I'll have to do a bit of shift swapping because Joe will going on vacation for a week.  He is Pogo's night time baby sitter.

I had to take a break here for a while, but I'm back now.  Dee Dee and Eddie stopped by for a visit.  Eddie checked our trap and surprise!  Another possum was in the trap so Eddie let it go.  We're going to wait one or two more days, then the trap will be put away until we need it again.  Eddie says that the fisher cat may have already moved on to another location.

Eddie also noticed that the Rose of Sharon bud has opened and took a photo of it.  Oh my, it is just beautiful!  Now I will definitely have to buy and plant more of these.  Isn't this gorgeous?


That's all the news for today.  I can't believe the whole morning has slipped by, and now it's time to rustle up some lunch for my little fellow.  I'm surprised he's not already in the kitchen doing his little "feed me" dance.  He get's so excited watching me make his meals.  That makes me think that Pogo has missed a lot of meals in his little life, and that makes me very angry.  We won't go there!

I also have a bit of laundry to do, so it's time for me to get moving.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Mats World said...

That Rose of Sharon is gorgeous, love the color and the flower! Great shots of it. Sounds like Pogo is training you properly! LOL! just as my girls do me. Have a great time off and enjoy! Hugs!!

aquascrap said...

Thank you very much for the Award you gave me on my blog. You can't imagine my surprise when I read your comment this morning, I was gobsmacked.

I will have to think about the other blogs I award it to, but I will post my posting later on (time difference you know)

Love the purple flower on the bush "Rose of Sharon".

Enjoy your night/day and thank you once again.

Judy xx

Chris Allport said...

I just love this wonderful plant and have one in my garden that is just coming into flower (we call it a 'hibiscus'.

My roses have been wonderful this year and I just keep deadheading them and cutting them back a bit as new shoots appear and I get a new flush of flowers.

Love coming to your blog and hearing all about your adventures. Pogo is adorable and I am so pleased to hear that he is settling down in his new home.

Lots of luv

Chris
http://chrisallportdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

The Queen Jester said...

Love the Rose of Sharon. Thank you for the reward. I haven't had time to carry it forward just yet, but will work on that later. I don't know if we'll have internet or not on the next leg of our journey.