My Pix Show 04

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, Bobby.

Jube 16, 2012

It's a new day, and a gorgeous one at that.  The sunshine coming in through the windows tells me that my feet are itching to get outdoors.  I'm thinking that maybe later this morning, Tootsie and I will go to the park for a while.  Yesterday was Bobby's (my eldest grandchild) birthday.  Bobby, I hope your special day was fantabulous!  Happy Birthday from Meema and Tootsie.

Yesterday, Eddie came by and mowed all the grass.  We are going to pick up another big bag of grass seed, and spread it around to try to thicken up the grass that is there, and to promote more grass to grow.  This time though, I think I'll let Eddie use the seed spreader. 

Yesterday,  I worked on some photo art.  It was Photo Art Friday again for the Pixel Dust Photo Art blog.  Each week there is a new theme, and I love making the photo art.  Usually though, I don't post it because I'm not sure how to link it back to her blog.  Today I'm going to try again.  This week's theme is to make a layout with a lot of negataive space.  Snowy will soon be on a plane to spend time with her sweetheart, so I thought this would a nice layout.  It's called "Going Home".


I used an a golden bokeh overlay from PDPA and a flag from Snappy Scrappy and blended everything in Photoshop.  Gosh, what would I do without my Photoshop program?  It has opened a whole new world of creativity for me.

"Going Home" was my second bit of photo art.  When I first set out to do this project, my mind and hands got together and came up with something quite different.  It seemed as though I had to make a different type of photo art before I could get to something lighter.  This one is called "Black Birds" and for some reason, I actually like it. 


For this layout, I used a photo that I  took a few days ago, a couple of overlays from PDPA ("bleu en bleu" and "golden bokeh") and once again blended everything together in Photoshop using a couple of different blending modes and filters.  As my mind was clearing out, I kept on going and made my photo art for next week's theme which will get posted here next week. 

Now I think chatty cathy here will start some breakfast for Tootsie and myself.  My little girl seems to like the scrambled eggs so I guess that's what I'll whip up.  I'm wishing today's fabulous weather for all of you.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the way you have softly embellished the negative space in the first one, Edna. Great work! Thanks for sharing with Photo Art Friday and have a good weekend.

Deborah said...

fantastic shot & rendering

Pat said...

These are both really nice, but I love the second one!

Ida said...

What a wonderful piece of art. So glad that I checked back in on later entries.