Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Mini Vacation Is Over

May 29, 2012

Good morning.  It's a bit cloudy at the moment, but it's supposed to wet and sticky (mid 80's) as the day goes on.  I suppose I can't really complain about the wet stuff because my plants and grass (clumps) enjoy it.  We also have a dense fog advisory on another hour or so.

Yesterday the laundry did not get done, so that's my first project for this morning.  It was such a nice day that Tootsie and I kept going outside to play. 


As you can see, we now have beautiful green clumps where there used to be a forest of overgrowth.   I know, silly me.  Clumps aren't really beautiful.  But when you had no grass before, they sure are pretty.  There is new grass growing, and later we will dig up the clumps and re-seed. 

I'm hoping to get some sort of patio put in and maybe a swing and chairs so that we can sit out on the other side of the yard.  It's much prettier than the driveway.  Rhoda, if you're reading this, do you think Michael would be happy of the changes I've made here?  I hope so.

Yesterday I promised to post photos of my pink  rose tree.  This was such a bargain.  I bought it at Christmas Tree Shoppe for $10.  This year I've  found some, but on sale they are still $40.  I'm quite happy with the ones that I got, and they are so beautiful.




As you can see by the large paper sack near the rose tree, Joe has been busy cleaning up the whole yard.  Now we have lots of bags of yard waste (we've been saving them up) and I just have to call Town Hall to find out when they will be picking them up or if I have to take them somewhere.

I have three flags, a large one over the front door, a medium one over my living room door, and a small one in my kiln planter.  Eddie has already replaced the large one for me.  They get raggy after a few years and need replacing.  Yesterday, I bought a new one for over my door.  Today, I'll check to see how the small one is looking.

Now it's time for me to get busy around here.  Tonight I'm back to work and there are things that need to be done before then.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

What a beautiful rose bud. Your name came up at a party last night...was your nose itching?

Someone who follows my blog noticed reference to you and wanted to know if Miss Edna was a real person. I assured them you were even though I'd never actually met you.

I'm hoping that now that we're mobile there will come a time to head your way and visit for a bit. I could learn much from you with your camera and it would be a delight to finally see you face to face.

Nani said...

I think the clumps are pretty. :P

Okay, but the pink roses; prettier.

Vacations, even mini ones are always nice!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Your rose is such a pretty one! I should try to find something like this too for my garden. I am just a rose lover I guess LOL.
Even if you had a mini vacation, it's still nice to have had one.
Tootsie is really checking out hte grass and it's clumps it seems, grin.
Have a great day
Hug
Kyra

Mats World said...

the pink rosebud is so elegantly gorgeous and the opened on is perfection. lovely photos. have a great day!