Monday, April 2, 2012

Marvelous Weather For The Ducks?

April 2, 2012

Good morning.  We got a good rain soaking during the night, and it's still a bit damp outside.  According to the weatherman, it will be like this until tomorrow.  Well, as they say, it's good weather for the ducks.  Sometimes I wonder if that really is true.  Do ducks really like the rain?

Remember I told you about the pond I passed yesterday, and how beautiful the mist rising on it was?  Well, I looked at my photos and was pleasantly surprised.  I was standing on the roadside shooting through the branches of the trees and shrubs.  This first shot shows the hazy mist rising on the pond.


This next photo is my favorite, and I'm thinking that I will have this one enlarged, printed and framed for my wall.  There were two ducks and two geese in the pond,  and the pinkish color is from the branches  that I am shooting through.


Then, last night I decided to play a bit with my tele-converter that I had purchased a while back for my Tamron lens.  Up to now, I've been busy and forgetting to take it with me to the park.  I stood across the room and used my zoom to photograph a pill bottle on the counter.  First with the tele-converter, then without it.  I blurred out any thing that had names, etc on it for obvious reasons.


There was quite a nice difference, and the quality of the photo was good.  So I guess I'll be packing this tele-converter with my camera and taking it to the park this week.  I'm anxious to see how it works when photographing birds.

Now it's time to give Tootsie her meds, and then gather up those last few figures to be delivered to my tax accountant.  After that, it's "breathe easy" time till next tax season. So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Nani said...

That second photo with the ducks and geese is fabulous! I agree, frame-worthy!
You have a nice toy with the Tele-converter! I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with it for birds too!!

RE: the name part of my blog, I don’t have any desire to change my name either! My full name means “woman beloved of God” and my nickname is Hawaiian for “beautiful.” My Mom is the one who gave me both names. That adds to how much I like both!

We started gloomy but there’s sun all over now. But it was warmer last month!

Have a fabulous day!
Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Gorgeous mist for the geese. I like demo showing the difference with the teleconverter. I hope to start playing with my lenses soon. Things are at a little bit of lull since I did so much before but will heat up again in the next couple of weeks.

smiekeltje said...

Wow those photos are great, specially the second one with the ducks and geese. It almost looks like a painting!
We didn;t get much rain, a good soak during the night would do rel good to all the gardens!
Have a great day!
Hugs
Kyra

Anonymous said...

Awesome ducks & geese photo! Wow!! :)

Mary Ann Roesler said...

I finally get an Edna quality bird and she outdoes me again!!!!!!!!!! Your geese are absolutely fabulous. To get bokeh in front of the object is extremely have to do. I hope you tell me it was an accident and you didn't plan it all the time! Before you have it printed let me get home and send you an email address of a place in England where you can get it printed on canvas for very reasonable. I think this would look great on canvass, just like a painting. You know the telephoto may not work on automatic but set up for P, T, AV, or M. Mary Ann Works great on a tripod but knowing you Miss Steady, you can hand-hold!
Enjoy! Mary Ann