Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Are You Smarter Than The Average Phone?

April 11, 2012

It's 4:25 a.m. and I'm sitting here at work wondering why I'm not snoozing while the Mrs sleeps.  Ah well, that's how it goes some nights.  I'm lucky that we can sleep during the night.  BUT, only if we can still hear the monitor in case the Mrs wakes or needs something.  I'm so used to snoozing with both ears open that this is easy for me.  Some nights I get winks, and other nights I read or play on my laptop all night.

I just turned on the weather channel to see a raging fire going on in my home town.  Several acres of wooded land has already burned, and they think that the fire is now under control.  I'm thinking that I might have to bring in a clean up crew and a wood chipper and clear out all the downed trees on the back of my land.  I do not like fire, especially when it is this close to my home.

The other day, I bought Tootsie a new bed.  Here's a photo of her the first time she tried it out.  It took her a few tries to get on the bed because it is so "springy" and she sinks right down into it.  All in all, I think it is very comfortable for her. 


I also have a photo that I took while at the baseball game a few days ago.  It's not the best photo, but it is the best I could get.  This bird was so fast and the sun was in my face.  I thought it was interesting because of the patterns on the underside of the bird.  (a hawk, maybe)


On our way home, I stopped by someone's yard so that we could take photos of the unusual lawn seat, and the couple sitting on the porch. 



Aren't these just awesome?  I think that cow seat is just fantastic!  I do believe that these gents are the Blues Brothers, and they would definitely liven up anyone's porch.  My brother would have loved to see this. 

Yesterday, Eddie spent a couple of hours trying to set my "smart phone" right, but he could not get it working.  Folks, don't ever buy a Cricket music phone.  There is absolutely NO WAY that you can ever get to speak to anyone at the company or customer service or tech support.  Eddie finally left with the phone, and later took it to Best Buy to see if they could help us.  Later in the day, Dee Dee called to say that the phone was working.

I will give this phone one more chance to behave.  When it acts up again, I will be having a "smash the phone with a hammer" party.   First I will put the phone in a small paper bag so that the pieces cannot fly all over, and then I will begin to beat it to a pulp!!  I get excited just thinking of it!

I know, I'm a sickie.  But that phone has made me feel so stupid so many times that it will feel really good to vent some of my frustration back at it.  The phone only stays on a couple of minutes, then it shuts itself off.  I did learn how to answer it when it rings, but it takes so long to turn it back on and then slide the little green phone icon to answer it that the caller has already hung up.

In all honesty, it does have one good point.  The GPS works really good.  Actually, this was the only time the phone did not shut off which is a  good thing.  Had it shut off while I was using the GPS, it never would have made it back home from Florida.  I'd have fed it to the alligators.

That's all my news for this morning.  It's time to check on the Mrs, and then I'll make me a cup of coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Oh Edna, I LOVE the cow bench!!

Tootsie does look so cozy on her new bed!

Sorry about the wrong info about the flowers yesterday. I've only been a "flower person" since October 10, so I'm really a novice on flower recognition!

If you have a smash the phone party, you have to take pictures! :D

hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

The cow bench is fabulous! And who wouldn't want the Blues Brothers on their porch. As for the phone I have a love/hate relationship with mine also.