My Pix Show 04

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Grab A Cup Of Coffee, I'm A Bit Chatty Today!

February 19, 2012

Good morning.  Tis a lovely sunny morning here in New England.  This whole week, the temps are supposed to be in the 50's and 40's.  It feels like Spring is trying it's darnedest to hurry on in here.   I know that this winter has been unusually warm, but I have to say that I could handle all my winters this warm. 

I still can't access Google very well, or Blogger at all from my laptop.  So this week Wayne says he will come by and try to fix the problem.  So far, my little laptop is doing fine.  Thank goodness because that's the one that I'll be taking with me to Florida. 

Lately, my Tootsie isn't doing so well physically.  Her walking is getting worse, and what little sight she has is fading.  She gets confused a lot now.  But she does not complain, and you ought to see her try to run across the floor to get to me.  She does not focus on what she cannot do, she focuses on what she can or thinks she can do.  I simply cannot imagine what my life would have been like these past years if she were not here with me.

Have you ever been to a facility for physically and mentally challenged children?  Once inside, you see extremely handicapped children going out of their way to help another child who is equally or worse physically challenged.  I've watched a tiny girl wiggle out of her wheelchair and crawl on her tummy to push a friend on a stretcher into a room and position her in front of the TV.  The little girl then crawled back to her own wheelchair and somehow pulled herself back up into the chair.  She then joined her friend in front of the TV and they watched the Macy's parade  together.

I guess the moral of this story is to show that animals and children are so trusting and have so much faith in themselves and those around them.  Pain and challenges don't stop them, it just make things a bit more tricky to accomplish.   Regardless of how much pain an animal might be in, they just keep on going.  There is so much we could learn from our children and animals.

Gosh, I did not realize just how chatty I was going to be today.  How about we move on to the awards?



Nani, I want to thank you for brightening my day with these awards.   Folks, if you're ever looking for inspiration or a reason to keep going when life hands out lemons, you really should be stopping by each day to visit Nani's blog.  Not only does she inspire you, but she will entice you with her delicious recipes. 

The rules for these awards are:

Link back to the one who gave you the award.
Pass it on to six other persons  (One Lovely Blog goes to15 other persons)
Follow the person's blog who sent it to you.
**Kreative Blogger award also requires you to share 10 random facts about yourself.

I looked over the list of other bloggers that Nani sent these awards to, and that narrowed down my list of recipients quite a bit, as we enjoy a lot of the same blogs.  So I have chosen to pass them on to the following eight bloggers.

Life In A Canned Ham Pixel Dust Photo ArtScrap Elements by LenaThe Graphics FairyMarges Paper DollsSugar Butt DesignsTatalinn DesignsWith A Russian Dutch Heart.

Along with Nani, these folks will start your day off with a smile, and supply you with lots of free scrapbooking goodies.  Tomorrow, I will post the list of ten random  facts.  I was going to post a photo here, but the photo uploader doesn't seem to be working.  Ah well, all the more for tomorrow.  Till then, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I found your blog a couple of months ago and I have been back daily! I feel an attachment to Tootsie! =) Thank you for all of your wonderful pictures! They're great!!

smiekeltje said...

Oh my, Edna. I hope I will not disappoint you by saying that I skip these awards and the forwarding of it. Thanks so much that you have been thinking of me, but I've passed them on earlier, (you can see them on my sidebar).
So sorry to read that Tootsie isn't doing too well, I hope with all my heart she will be holding on for some more time!
Have a lovely day,
cuddle to Tootsie, hug to you.
Kyra