Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Christmas Lights Are Awesome!

December 21, 2011

Good morning.  It's looking a bit gray outside my window this morning.  I have a few errands to do today, so I'm hoping that any rain might hold off for a few hours.  Yesterday turned out to be such a lovely day.  Tootsie and I went out for a "photo ride" and to deliver a Christmas present to the Neurology team at the hospital.  Here's a photo of the sky above my house as Tootsie and I were on our way out.


After dark, one of the lady dwarfs went with me to shoot photos of Christmas lights.  Some of the decorations around town are just awesome.  My favorites are the ones with multi colored lights. and unusual decorations.  These photos were both taken at the same house. 



I have more photos, but I will save some for tomorrow.  This morning, I have to go shopping for a rug for a bedroom in the main house, and possible some blinds for my windows.   Also, my grandson wants me to take him food shopping.  Later, Janet will be here for supper so I want to cook us a nice meal.   A busy day ahead!

I slipped and fell this morning in the pantry.  Thank goodness I didn't hit Tootsie on my way down.  I don't know why this happens, but I've been this way since I was a teenager.   I get no warning, just plop!  The good part is that I was home when it happened, and that it doesn't happen very often.

I remember a Christmas many years ago.  Michael and I and some friends were out celebrating in a rather fancy restaurant in Boston.  After you entered the dining room, there was a step down to the main floor.  On our way out, after a meal and a drink, I went to step up on to the step and my legs gave out.  I fell flat on my face.  It was very embarrassing because everyone thought I was drunk.  Oh well!

That's all the memories for today.  Now it's time to give Tootsie her morning meds and start my day.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

That must be frightening to suddenly fall like that. I'm glad you are okay. You take care - we're on our way to the cities to visit the kids and celebrate the little one's ninth birthday.

Nani said...

Oh Edna! I’m glad you, and Tootsie, are both okay! I’ve fallen enough over the past few years that it sends a chill up my spine when a friend falls! Yes, falling when you’re out is worse. At a nice dinner you’re dressed to get attention too!

I just love seeing all the Christmas lights! I’m a little disappointed with our across the street neighbor this year, though. He’s gone all white lights, which just don’t look as good behind our tree when I look out the front window. At first glance it looks more like a parking lot in the distance than bushes. I love that snowman carnival ride! I haven’t ever seen one if those!

Okay, back to the last crostadas of the year and then bed!

Hugs, Nani