Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oh Yuk! I Have A Nasty Cold!

October 4, 2011

The sun is shining and the temperature is a bit on the cool side.  A really nice Autumn morning, but I really don't want to go out.  I have this nasty cold, and it is wearing me down.  Yesterday and last night, I mostly stayed in bed hoping to chase away the cold with rest.  Unfortunately, it hasn't worked yet.

Next week, I will have an opportunity to meet someone that I really would like to meet, so I'm hoping that this nasty little cold bug is gone by then.  Isn't this always the way?  As soon as something fun comes along, Murphy's law steps in and gives you a boot in the pants!  Oh well, here's hoping.

This afternoon, I have to go back to court again regarding all the lawsuits that came of the car crash that killed my daughter several years ago.  The folks who are suing have been looking for years for money that never was there.  Every few months I get called back into court, for why I don't know.  In the past, I had asked to court to exclude me from all of this.  I had nothing to do with it, never saw any of the money that these people are looking for, and want to put all of this behind me.  Greed is an ugly thing.  These people should move on with their lives.

Right now, I could use some cheering up, so how about some more of my photo walk photos?  There were so many beautiful plants and flowers,  and considering that it is October, you really woudn't expect to see so many different kinds blooming.  Here are just three of them.  Aren't they just gorgeous?




The mail lady has just delivered me a package containing a new Photoshop CS5 Extended.  The last one that I got had something wrong with it, and it could not be installed.  My money was refunded, and I was able to purchase another one.  I have high hopes that I can get this one installed without any problems. 

Now I want to see about lunch for Tootsie.  I want to feed her a little bit early so that she can have an early supper later.   I have given up on the canned dog food, and the prepared doggie dinners.  She won't have anything to do with them anymore.   Picky, picky.  Ah well, till tomorrow Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Snowy said...

Hope you feel better soon Edna:) I can't understand either why people are like that after so much time has passed,its beyond me. American law and courts seem to be a lot different than over here in that way. Here that case would have been thrown out long ago. lol, have a nice play with you Photoshop once you got it installed.
Hugs Snowy

Dreamer said...

Hi Edna, I stopped by your blog following a blog train but caught sight of the three fabulous photos, just so beautiful!

The Queen Jester said...

I hope your sniffles subside quickly. After a couple of days of basically sleeping I woke up yesterday feeling much better and today is even better yet. My energy is coming back and I feel confident I will be able to travel more comfortably than I thought earlier. If you're not well enough to visit please don't worry. I'm more concerned that you stay healthy.

smiekeltje said...

Oh Edna, it must be terrible to return to court again and again, just because people cannot let go and are in constant search or better `hunt`for money.
I know a bit how it feels, family that is hunting you down for something that isn+t there! Only difference was it didn´t all was in court, but it´s aweful.
Greed is a bad thing.
Hope you will be able to install your new Photoshop without any problems. That would already be a ray of sunshine again LOL.
Then get rid of the cold and all will look a bit better.
Hugs
Kyra

Nani said...

Edna, your photos are wonderful! I’ve never seen, never even thought about being able to actually see THE Plymouth Rock. VERY cool! And now you have me thinking about bringing in palm trees for the summer and sending them back in winter. I have old high school friends in Florida. Wonder if they’d think about doing a swap? :)

Sheri and I battled clouds on our Photo Walk too, but we still got some nice photos and a peek of sun here and there. I’ll post some of my shots this week.

I hope your cold vamooses quickly! I’m fighting off fall allergies. Those are usually milder than spring for me, but I don’t like the stuffies in any degree of mild or nasty. Feel better, my friend!

Hugs, Nani

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Your dahlia is beautiful. I have a white one blooming now the size of a dinner plate. I thought mine bloomed late because Gene planted them late! I only have one blue morning glory also but lots of vines and buds...may bloom in the snow!