Friday, September 23, 2011

It's Going To Be Soggy, Soggy, Soggy!

September 23, 2011

Good morning.  Well, it's gray and wet here, and it's going to be that way for a while.  According to the weatherman we will have rain six of the next seven days.  That's not counting the last couple of days.  Oh joy, oh joy!  If we had water pipelines, we could be sending all this extra water to Texas! 

We had a good night last night.  Tootsie made it through the whole night without any of the "D" stuff.  I know I was glad, but I'm sure she was more comfortable too.  After I get home later today, I will be making a trip to the market to pick up more rice and hamburg.  As long as she will eat it, I'll cook it.

Yesterday, I took some photos of the rose bush outside my door, and then played a bit in Photoshop.  I should be more specific - I took photos of the rain drops on the rose bush and then played around with different filters and different colored background layers.






In the first photo, I used the "vivid light" filter.  In the second one, I used "linear light."  The next three are done with "luminosity" and different colored background layers.  I think it's fascinating how you can change a photo by just using filters and colors. 

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I enrolled in a photography class at Hummie's World.   Each month we are responsible for finishing five lessons.  To date, I have finished my September lessons, and this weekend I can start on the next five lessons.  So far, it's been very interesting, and I have learned something new with each lesson. 

Now it's time for me to get busy.  I'm at work and the Mrs will be awake soon.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

You truly captured the droplets nicely. I'm inspired to get busy with some of my recent photos so I can start adding them to the blog. it seems so boring with just text.

Edna B said...

Oh Queen, your blog is never boring, believe me. I enjoy my daily visits there to read about your days. Your humor is so wonderful. But I do also love your photos. You have a wonderful weekend. Hgus, Edna B.