Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Great Day For A Cruise

July 27, 2011

Good morning, and my oh my, yesterday turned out to be a gorgeous day after all.  I really thought we might have to cancel our cruise, but the sun came out and chased the rain away.  It's a good thing that I left Tootsie at home.  The water was a bit rough, there were a lot of people, and it took most of the trip to find my "water feet."  Most of the time when I tried to move around on the deck, I resembled a happy drunk.

Before it was time to board the boat, a nice young lady came around with a camera and took pictures of everyone.  Of course, this was with the intention that we would buy said photos after the cruise.  And we did!  Here is Dee Dee, Kevin, Jasmine, Moi and Eddie.


We were first in line, so when we boarded we promptly headed for the topmost deck.  I figured we could see a lot from up there.  Somewhere in my thinking I forgot that most of the humans around me are a lot bigger than 5 feet.  Whenever the whale expert would announce "whales at 10 o'clock,"  everyone would rush to the other side of the deck leaving me with a perfectly gorgeous view of the wide empty ocean.

Once in a while though, the whales would come to my side of the boat.  In between being squoze up against the railing or another body, keeping my feet steady on the floor, and keeping a death grip on my camera, I did come manage to get quite a few photos.  Here are a few showing the tail before it went under the water, a nice shot of the spray coming out of the blow hole, and then a close up of the whale's head as it was feeding.




I took over six hundred photos, so I still have lots to go through.  We had a fantastic day and took away a lot of great memories along with a nasty sunburn for me.  I left my cap in the car because I was sure the wind would keep trying to blow it away.  I also forgot to wear sunblock.  Today, I have learned my lesson the hard way.  I look like I'm in a constant state of severe blushing!

Well, that's it for this morning.  It's time to see if I can accomplish something around here today.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

How wonderful the sun came out on your boattrip. Wow, 600 pics of whales! It must have been an awesome experience.
Whenever you may go on another boattrip, don;t forget the cap and sunblock!LOL
Have a great day.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

What fun! I loved the photo with the whale tail (fluke?). I've always wanted to go on a whale watching cruise...now I will resolve that if we are anywhere they are available I WILL be going.