Friday, June 17, 2011

A Star Is Born

June 17, 2011

Good morning.  Today is a bit cooler and not so sunny, but it is still quite nice.  Last night, Tootsie and I went to watch our Jasmine perform in a school play.  I must say that all the kids did a really great job.  The play was about a school fundraiser taking place back in the 80's.  There was quite a lot of humor, and some fantastic music.  We had quite an enjoyable evening.  After the show, I got a nice photo of Jazzy with her roses. 


This morning, I'm at work, and at the moment the Mrs is having a nap.  So many squirrels and raccoons were feasting on the food in the her bird feeder, that the Mrs' son got her a brand new "squrrel proof" feeder and hung it outside the patio door.  Here are a couple of photos that I just took of the new birdfeeder. 



The poor little baby just sat and looked at me as if pleading "please don't tell anyone I'm here."  To be honest, as long as I can take your photo, I won't tell a soul.  Baby squirrels got to eat too.

I think we have rain coming today and tomorrow.  I hope it's not a lot because I would like to go back to the beach when the tide is out so that Tootsie can run along the sand.  The beach we went to yesterday was a place called Nantasket Beach.  When I was a kid, there was a huge amusement park and roller skating rink directly across from the water.  Unfortunately, both are long gone.

Now I must get back to work here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Snowy said...

hahahaha...squirrel proof, hey? What a little cutie ! Great photos ,Edna !Hugs Snowy

The Queen Jester said...

I love the squirrel proof feeder! Great photo. I feel the same way with the raccoon...they make a mess, but are so photogenic.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

White tummy on the baby squirrel...don't think I every saw that before. The expression is priceless.