Monday, June 13, 2011

A Short Rhodie Season!

June 13, 2011

Tis a dreary, gray, wet good morning, but the weatherman says we might get to see the sun again soon.  Woo Hoo!  I love the sun, not the hot humid stuff, but just the comfortably warm sun.  It's good for the soul, and it's super good for these old bones.

Sad to say, this has been an extremely short season for rhododendrons.  They no sooner opened up into big beautiful blooms, then the rains came and shot them all down.  But, they were beautiful while they were here!!

The good side to the rain is the opportunity to get photos of raindrops.  These little beads of water fascinate me.  (So I'm a little bit strange!)  I have a few photos to share.  This first is a brand new bud on one of my rose trees.


These next two shots are of the shiny gem like drops of rain on the leaves.  The first photo was taken in early afternoon, and the second photo was taken later when there was less light.  Don't they just look like jewels?



Right now, they are showing repeats of "Project Runway" on the TV.  This was my favorite show, and it is no longer on the air.  To my distress, why oh why do they always take away these wonderfully creative shows to make more room for violence and smut.  This little brain could never figure this out.

Anyway, now I want to spend some time with Tootsie before we have to turn in for a nap.  Tonight is another work night (but we get next Saturday night off!).  Come back tomorrow for the next two parts of "Mouse Love."  Till then, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

seamhead gypsy said...

If you're strange, then i'm strange too! I also like the look the rain drops or water drops to for that matter, in pictures