Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Heat Of Summer Is Here

June 8, 2011

It's such a lovely day this morning that I want to make a serious attempt at getting outside.  I need a few things at the market, so maybe that will be enough of an incentive.  I don't like being sick, especially with a nasty cold.  However, you've got to admit, I'm pretty good at the whining part.  And yes, I did have some cheese with my whine.  Actually, I polished off the rest of the extra sharp cheddar cheese, and that's one of the things on my "need at the market" list. 

Oh Lord, I'm watching the weather channel and it says that today will be in the low 90's and tomorrow will be around 100 degrees F.  Then Friday should drop down to the high 70's.  I guess the one good thing is that I'm lucky not to have to be working  today or tomorrow.  The Mrs. is very stingy about letting us turn on the air conditioner.  She sits under a fan and says that she doesn't feel hot enough to run the AC.  I guess  this is just one of the perks of being in your 90's.

Did anyone catch the Eric Clapton concert special on WGBH TV?  It was two hours filled with great music and wonderful entertainers.  I find it amazing that public TV can produce such wonderful programming, while most all the regular TV stations can only bring us violence, sex and foul language.  I'm giving some serious thought to changing the cable package that I have or maybe even the carrier.  I don't really need several hundred channels of stuff I don't care to watch.

I have a pretty photo of one of the Mrs' rhodies to share with you. 


Here's the same photo tweaked a bit with dry brush filter from Photoshop.  It makes for interesting wall art, don't you think?


Now I think I'd best be seeing about getting out to the market before the heat gets too much for me.   First, I'll have to check to see if any of the dwarfs are home to watch Tootsie while I run out.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Whee, it looks to be pretty hot coming days there.
Yes, best is to try to get to the market early in the morning. But you are lucky not having to work when its all too hot.
Hope you have a nice spot in the garden with some shade.
Have a great day
Hugs
Kyra