Sunday, June 19, 2011

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY

June 19, 2011

It's a gorgeous sunny morning here in my little part of the world.  It's also Fathers' Day, which means lots of barbecues and outings with Dad.  You know, Dads are very special people, so enjoy them and let them know you love them. 

Even though it's special day for Dads, one Dad in particular will be coming by to spend a little time with me unhooking and re-hooking my soaker hose.  It's beginning to look like the soaker is hooked up to the hot water.  We've been wondering why we keep running out of hot water for the shower, and why there is steam coming off the soaker when it is running.  Hmmmmmm!  We shall see!

Yesterday, Tootsie and I went back to Nantasket Beach, and spent the afternoon enjoying a fantastic balmy breeze coming off the ocean.  I could stand living next to the water all Spring, Summer and Fall.  Oh yes, I could! 

We must have walked quite a distance along the sea wall, because we finally did find one of the old vendors, a hot dog shack.  I had to crop the photo a bit to take the people out of it.


On our way to the beach, we stopped by a little pond and got some photos of  a goose family.  Then, when we were on our way home, we decided to stop by the park near our town and were treated to a rare sighting for our area.   There was a long cormorant swimming in the pond.  He was quite a ways out, so these photos are the best I could get.



I have a lot more great photos to share but I'll save them for other days.  I think I should get busy and get dressed before Eddie gets here. I don't want to scare him away.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Edna I try to get the pt 5 of mouse love it said its been deleted. Did I just miss that link all together? You do such beautiful work Love your site Thanks for all your freebies Tina
trmccubbins@yahoo.com