Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Time To Dig Our Our Rain Slickers

May 3, 2011

Good morning.  Today is starting out a bit gray and cool, and I guess we should be thankful and not complain.  I'm watching TV and the devastation from the tornado in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.   I'll take gray and cool over that any day.  My prayers go out to the folks there who have lost everything, including some family members.

This, of course, brings me back to my earlier comments about our changing weather.  In my whole life, I don't ever remember so many devastating storms that keep coming and coming with no let up.  And, they are happening in areas that rarely ever had them before.  Our seasons are also very different now than when I was a child.  Our weatherman says that we will have rain here for six of the next seven days.  This isn't our norm, but it's sort of getting that way.  Ah well, dig out the rain slickers!!!

My friend Kyra is not feeling so well, as she has picked up a nasty cold or flu bug.  Drink lots of fluids and stay warm my friend, and get well soon.  If you haven't visited her blog lately, then you've missed out on some wonderful photos.  I got permission to share one of my favorites here.  Kyra took this photo recently while out walking.  It's a Mother duck leading all her little ducklings to the nearby pond.  What a great photo!


I actually started scrapping a bit too.  Dee Dee sent me a photo of Kevin and Jazzy with one of the Blue Men.  Friends took the kids to watch The Blue Man Group perform, and a great time was had by all.  Here is my layout with the kids' photo.


This morning, I got an email informing me that my latest Blog Book order has been completed and shipped.  Now I can't wait to see them.  I think they are great to leave behind for my family.  Sort of like keeping a diary or journal of one's life. 

My daughter also sent me a copy of their newspaper featuring a photo of my six year old great grandson, Jack, enjoying the opening day festivities for his little league baseball team.  Jack is quite good at baseball, and hopes to make a career of it when he grows up.  Reach for it, Jack.  You can do it!!!

Yesterday, Miss Tootsie had her check up and a series of blood tests to see how her liver is reacting to the newest med that she has been taking.  It took a few hours, and interrupted her meal schedule, but she did very well.  And I must say, she looked absolutely adorable in her pink polka dot dress.  Everyone at the hospital was so glad to see her.  (We don't have to go as often now.)  Now we just have to wait for her doctor's report on the outcome of the tests.

Now I think I'll make a nice hot cup of coffee, and get dressed.  Eddie will be here in a while, and we are going shopping for lumber (for the shed) and dirt and mulch for the gardens.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I've always wondered about the blog book option. Is it very expensive? It would be a nice way to chronicle ones story.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Love the duck photo. Can't wait to see what you do with your new doubler. I haven't even taken mine out of the box yet. It's been so gloomy here that nothing to photograph. Maybe this weekend.

seamhead gypsy said...

20 out of 30 days in April, out here in my next of the woods had rain. Some of days that rainfall was record setting. So far, 5 out the first 6 days in May, we've had rain. My daughter has worn her rain coat to school more this spring than she's ever worn a raincoat before in her entire life. Though, admittedly since she only turned 7 yesterday, it's been a pretty short life thus far.