Friday, April 8, 2011

It's Time To Start Putting Away Your Holiday Gifts!!!

April 8, 2011

Good afternoon.  I'm at work, and so far have not had a chance to come in and post anything.  We did not get all the rain that was forecast for this week, and today is another lovely day in the 50's F.  Obviously, I'm not complaining one bit!!  The rain is coming though, because my legs are aching today. 

A couple of lots down from here there is a small stable with a couple of horses.  This morning while the Mrs. was having her breakfast, one of the horses had his head poking out a window to take in some sunshine.  I took a few photos from just outside the patio door here.  They came out pretty good considering how far over the horse was. 


Take note of his little birdie friends.  (There's even one sitting on the horse's head.)  I did not even realize they were there until I looked at the photos.  I just love this lens!!!   There is a newer version of this lens out, and I am giving serious thought to maybe getting it.  It has a much quieter motor, which would be great for photographing birds.  Hmmmmmmm.  We'll see.

If you're looking for a terrific gift for someone who has a Kindle, check out The Queen Jester's blog.  She has been making Kindle covers and matching tote bags.  She will do custom orders and her prices are very reasonable. 

Now I have to get back to work.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

I love the photo with the bird on the horse's head. I was thinking 'a bird on the head is worth two on the sill' as I looked at it. What kind of lens are you using. Your photos are fabulous.