Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's Starting To Look Like Spring

March 15, 2011,
*
The sun is shining this morning, and the world looks a bit brighter. Yesterday, I heard lots of birds chirping outside in my yard, so hopefully we will have lots of visitors this year. I'm hoping to put up some new bird nests and feeders, and even a squirrel feeder.
*
For Christmas this year, I received two bird magazine subscriptions. "Birds & Blooms" from my friend Mary Ann, and "Wild Bird" from my friend Miss Bea. They are filled with so many wonderful ideas on how to make nests and feeders, and what to plant that will attract different types of birds and butterflies. Thank you ladies for the many enjoyable hours of reading.
*
Today, I have the preview for Miss Su's part of the new kit "Cat In The Basket" so I'll post it for you now. If you haven't already picked up her part, just click on her name and it will take you to her blog.
*






















For photos today, I have a series of photos that I took of this little Egret (I think it is called a Cattle Egret, but not sure yet.) gobbling up some of the pieces of burger roll that I tossed out the car window. There was a gull and a crow there too, so this little guy was trying to get his fair share.
*



This little Egret was so eager to pose for pictures that I couldn't help myself and ended up with a couple hundred neat photos. Not bad for a lunch break!!
*
I want to thank my readers for giving me the name of that gorgeous red plant from yesterday. It's called a "Bottlebrush plant", and can either be a shrub or a tree. Either way, it's gorgeous. Kyra even sent me a link for looking up some Florida flora, so later on I will do just that. Thank's Kyra.
*
If you haven't been to Kyra's blog lately, you won't want to miss her new kit for making a children's book. It's quite delightful, and if you download it, take a moment to say thank you.
*
A new friend, Queen Jester, was celebrating Albert's (Einstein) birthday and I thought I might join her by eating some cake. I did not have cake, but I did have pink snowballs and so I ate those. Now I do not want to see another pink snowball for a long long time!! My waistline is threatening to shut me right out of my new jeans.
*
I'm off now to see what kind of mischief I can get in to today. Maybe I'll even do a tad bit of housework too. Oh Lord, did I just say that? I really dislike housework with a passion. Unfortunately, it doesn't go away when you ignore it!! Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: