Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pink And Black Is Beautiful!!

February 8, 2011
*
What a difference a day makes!! We're back in "Winter mode" this morning. I woke up to a snow covered yard again. At least this time it's only a couple of inches. (So far!) Except for a fuel oil delivery, these past two days were absolutely wonderful.
*
Getting fuel oil deliveries is sort of like signing over your first born or all future paychecks!!! I know my Audrey would not appreciate being swapped for some heating oil, so I guess we'll just opt to stay in the poorhouse for the time being!!! At least we're not alone.
*
Folks, remember the "Miss Edie" kit a few months ago? Well, my beautiful Miss Edie is back in the hospital having some new cancer removed. Won't you join me in prayer that the doctors get it all, and Miss Edie will be on the mend soon? Edie's smiles are simply magical, and light up a whole room. I love you Lady.
*
My friends, Mary Ann and Gene are probably already on the road by now. They are leaving behind all the snow and cold weather for a couple of months to visit with family and friends in a much warmer climate. I'm drooling!!! Mary Ann, please send lots of pictures!!
*
Yesterday, I made arrangements with the manager at my time share in Florida to bring Tootsie on vacation with me this year. They don't usually allow pets, but are making an exception for Tootsie. So the next thing I did was to go online and order her a new carry case. This one has wheels and a handle so that I won't have to carry it. It's pink and black just like her stroller.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Is this not a beauty? It's supposed to be accepted by most of the airlines, so here's hoping! Now all we have to do is buy airline tickets. We just might make it to Florida!!!
*
Now how about a couple of birdie photos. I took these shots the first week in January. For some reason, these little finches are sometimes difficult to photograph. This one, I believe, is a house finch. (Or maybe a purple finch. They look so much alike.)
*
That's all for this morning. Now I think I'll make me another cup of coffee. Miss Tootsie has been waiting patiently for her "good girl, you did it on your papers" treat. I have one of the world's few doggies that absolutely will not do her "pottying" outdoors. I guess she figures that if I don't have to go potty in the yard then why should she? You know, in a way that makes sense!
*
I'm getting silly, so off I go. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Miss Edie!

Love Tootsie’s new carrier! I’ve been thinking about the probable surgery and recovery in my own future. I’ll likely be in a nursing home for a few weeks before I can go all the way home. I hope David can bring one of the kids every now and then when he visits. When you’re in Florida, send some of that warm sunshine here!! Pour snow piles are the highest I’ve ever seen them here.

As I always do, I love your birdies! That shot with the tilted head is adorable! So much personality!

Have a warm day on this “back to winter” Tuesday!

smiekeltje said...

So back to winter it is for you again! I'LL SEND YOU SOME OF THE SUNRAYES WE ARE STILL HAVING HERE, OKAY?

I truly hope the surgery with frined Miss Edie will go well and that she'll come out of it completely celan! I send a little prayer for her to the big boss "upstairs"

The carrier for Tootsie is adorable! And what good news that you can take her with you this time to Florida! Now you really have something nice to look forward to!

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs
Kyra