Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Weather Here Is Frigid!!!

January 23, 2011
*
It's a BR-R-R-R!!! morning here in my little part of New England. I'm not sure what the temperature is at the moment, but on my way home this morning it was about 2 degrees below 0. I know other folks in other parts of the country have it colder, but I just don't like this cold. My friends in Wisconsin say it was 14 degrees below 0 the night before last. Nope! Not for me!!
*
Last night when I got to work, I drove over some snow and a huge chunk of ice got caught up under the front end of my car. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get it dislodged. This morning, after running the engine for about 25 minutes and going forward and backing up a bit, I was finally able to dislodge the chunk of ice. Thank goodness for that!
*
Last night I watched a few of Al's (See Al's link at the top and side of this blog) tutorial videos. Hmmm, very interesting, so I'll have to try a few of them this week. I did manage to do a bit of designing with new brushes, and finished a couple of new QP's. Later this week, I'll start posting the new QP freebies.
*
I took today's photos this past Friday at work. Obviously, they were taken through the window, but I think they came out pretty good. These poor little Juncos were sitting in the tree, waiting their turn at the feeder. I just couldn't resist taking the photos.
*
Folks, if you have birds, make sure you have feeders filled with good bird seed. These precious little birds are counting on us to make sure they have enough to eat throughout the Winter. They also like the suet and peanut butter squares. It helps to keep them warm.
*
It's time to start making Tootsie's lunch now, so I'll be signing off here. Joe is making lunch for us today. That's a nice treat. I have a nice group of dwarfs here. So till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: