Friday, January 28, 2011

Lots Of Pretty Popcorn Trees

January 28, 2011
*
Well, that did it!! We are all stuck here and can't get our cars (or trucks) out. There is just too darn much snow, and the snow plow never did show up yesterday or last night. Obviously, that means that not only can I not get out to go to work, I cannot even get out to go to the market. Oh well, we won't go hungry as I try to keep the pantry and freezer stocked.
*
I guess the worst part is that the mail man will not deliver any mail, and every time the city plows go by, they make matters worse by piling more snow and ice up at the entrance to my yard. Gosh, I wonder if this is how hibernation feels? Now I have to get busy and see about getting another plow guy in here today. Wish me luck!!
*
For those of you wondering about the difference between yesterday's black and white photo, and it's original, here is what the original looks like. It was just a pretty rose bud trying very hard to stay alive after some rain and cold weather.
*






















Another photo that I will share was taken on a street lined with what I like to call "Popcorn Trees." All the trees have small frozen chunks of snow all up and down their branches, and they look as though they are sprinkled with popcorn.
*















As you can see, I will photograph most anything and look for some beauty in it. However, I don't think I will be going outside this morning to take photos of the snow. I am just so sick of looking at all that snow!!! (I mean the stuff in my yard. Everyone else can keep theirs if they want it.)
*
How about another photo? Here's one I took yesterday of my Tootsie. She has a very mischievous look on her face, as though she's trying to figure out how to pee on one those scatter rugs and not get caught. She can be so naughty sometimes!!! But how can you get mad at her?
*












Well, now I think I will make a cup of coffee, and try to figure out how to get rid of all of this snow. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Looks to be a quiet day for you, stuck in the snow!
Tootsie really looks as if she's thinking out a naughty thing to do LOL!
Make the best of the day and hopefully a snowplow can release you!
Hugs
Kyra