Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Bit Of Snow Art

January 13, 2011
*
Good morning. I'm a bit late this morning, but I wanted to get a couple of photos ready to share with you today. The snow has stopped, and there are huge white mounds everywhere. It's not supposed to warm up anytime soon, so I'm not sure where we will put the new snow that is supposed to be coming next Tuesday.
*
I suppose for the kids, this is a winter dream come true. There is enough snow to make a whole village of snow people, including little snow houses. When I was a little girl, (yes, I really did used to be a little girl!) the city officials would close off certain streets that had a bit of an incline so that us kids could have a place to go sledding. Sad to say, you don't find that anymore.
*
This first photo is taken from my window to show what the street out front looks like. As you can see, if any more snow gets plowed up, the neighbor's fence will be completely hidden from view. Right now, you can only see some of the tops of the pickets.
*
















Next I thought I would snap a few photos of the "snow art" that I see right outside my window. This is a little snow cap on the tip of a branch.
*





















Next, I thought I would like to try some black and white snow art. Hmmmm. Not to bad. I will have to practice a bit on this.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
But then I thought "what about a hint of color?" Yes, I think I like this next one much better. What do you think?
*

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Okay, enough for the snow. Today I really need to buckle down and get a few things done around here. You know, like vacuum? Or putting away the last of the Holiday stuff? Yesterday was a "scatter rug" day for Miss Tootsie, so I was busy washing and drying rugs all day. Plus I want to set aside some time to play with my new Wii game. Bowling is good exercise.
*
Now it's time to get started here. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: