Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Is Going Out Like A Lion!

December 29, 2010
*
It's a lovely sunny morning here in New England. Even though it's still too cold for my taste, there is no white stuff falling from the skies so that makes it a great day. And tonight, it's back to work to make up for not going in last Sunday night.
*
There are only two more days left in this year of 2010, and the "bad news grinch" seems to be busy at doling out all the bad luck he can before the year is over. My friend Kyra is being plagued by water drips, first from the toilet, then another one a few days ago, and now drips from the boiler. I hope the problem can be solved soon, and that we all can enjoy a trouble free year in 2011.
*
Today, I thought I would share some photos that Audrey sent to show the snow they got in Virginia. This first photo is looking out over her back yard. As you know, she lives out in the middle of farm fields, so she is surrounded by open fields of white, white and more white. I think this particular scene is quite lovely.
*
The roads going to the different sections of the fields, and the one leading to Audrey's house have very deep ditches on either side of them. One must be very careful in bad weather, not to drive off the road. Of course, when there is a foot of snow covering the road, this is difficult.
*
This next photo shows what happened to a friend who was coming to visit. See the yellow arrow that I put on the photo? That's his truck after it slid off the road and fell into the ditch. This happened just as Audrey had gone out to take photos of the snow. The friend had his granddaughter with him, but Mac and Audrey were quick to the rescue, and no one got hurt.
*
On a happier note, I thought I would share of photo of Audrey's two gorgeous furry kids, Charlee and Moon. After playing hard out in the snow, they curled up on the sofa, snug as bugs under a warm blanket, to enjoy a well earned nap.
*
Now I need to do some laundry, and start tonight's supper. Janet is coming later, and I want to enjoy my visit with her before I have to leave for work. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm, and have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: