Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Friends Are Special People

September 8, 2010
*
Good morning. Miss Tootsie and I got up at 5:30 this morning so that we could have coffee and a bit of a visit with Moo before he and his best friend left for a day of fishing. It's 7 am now, and they have just left. Have a great day guys!! Take lots of photos, Moo.

I think today I would like to talk about friendships. Just what is a friend? Someone to share the good and the bad times with? Someone you help when they are down? Someone who stands by you in your bad times too? Someone you can count on to be there for you?

It's amazing to go through life thinking of people as your friends, and as soon as you are down, they disappear. Sort of lets you know in a hurry just what kind of friends they were. I guess I will never truly understand why people are like that. Maybe that's how those other folks make it through life. Let everyone around you carry you along, and then if you think they might need you for something, just scram away as fast as you can.

I have met a lot of people that fit that description, and it leaves me a bit wary of newcomers. Life is too short and too unpredictable . So I guess what I am saying here is that if you have a friend, let them know that you are there for them - and mean it. Friends are a precious commodity.

If the rain doesn't start up today (they say we have thunderstorms coming our way), my work crew will be back to finish up the roof on the shed. They did a great job on it yesterday. I took some photos, but I have to crop and scrap them before I share them. I'll do that later today.

Today, I have some photos of a flowering plant gone to seed. They are really quite interesting, especially when a breeze comes along and carries the wispy seeds along to new places. They can travel quite a distance before falling to the ground.
*


I think I need to go do my dishes now. Last night, I just left them in the sink and called it a night rather early. Tootsie and I took our snacks and got comfy on the bed and watched "America's Got Talent." The talent is exceptional, and I would not want to have to be the one to decide who wins the prize.
*
I've narrowed it down to the four that I think will go on the last finals, but it will be extremely difficult to pick one of those four to be the winner. It will be interesting to see if my choices are the same as the rest of America. For now, Y'all have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: