Monday, July 5, 2010

This Heat Is Brutal !!

July 5, 2010
*
Well, I made it through another long weekend, and now I'm home till next weekend. Is my little girl happy about that? You bet!! She's laying here beside me enjoying some cool air from the AC. Today the heat is brutal, and sad to say, this is the best day we will have this week. The weatherman promises us a week of extremely hot and humid temperatures. With the heat indexes, that means that a lot of days will be over 100 degrees. If I have to eat sandwiches and cereal, I don't care - I'm staying in as much as possible.

As you know, the internet on my laptop died the other day, and it's driving me crazy. At least when I am at home, I can use my PC, but I can't lug that to work with me. That is why I could not post here this morning. Wayne says he will stop by tomorrow to see if he can resurrect it.

BUT! It forced me to spend more time on designing and challenges. I finished the Color Challenge and the Brush Challenge for Magickal Scraps. And, I made another QP to match the new color kit. Here is the preview for the color challenge. It's a little kit I call "Granny's Garden."
*
For the brush challenge, we had to make something with fractal brushes. Fractals are fun, and you can create some really interesting designs with them. I used brushes by Redwolf. Here's the preview of my "Happy Fractal Papers."
*
It's getting close to supper time, so I think that will be all for today. I have photos to share, but I have to transfer them over to the PC first. Till tomorrow, stay cool, and Y'all have a fantabulous day. (what's left of it! lol)
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh boy, near a 100 degrees isn't nice anymore! Yeah, it's better to stay inside, at least from about 12 till 6 I think. Hope Wayne can fix internet on your laptop !
Your kits look fabulous, I will take another and better look at them at the forum. Now first I will make my post and ten go to the forum for the DD. Take a good rest from your marathon shift and enjoy your free days! Hugs

Snowy said...

Whey-hey - bet you are happy to have the week off now after the long weekend.Staying in??? nope, not me,lol- no matter how hot, I'm going out to enjoy the sun. The Colour challenge kit looks great and also the brush challenge papers-you really have been a busy bee.Just did my new blog post now it's time for another coffee and the get ready and out for a bit-Hugs Snowy