Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Stephen, Hope Your Birthday Was Great!!

July 28, 2010
*
It's a gorgeous morning, but already very hot, hot, hot. Miss Tootsie and I have just got back from her morning chemo appointment. The bird feeder was empty so we filled it before we came in. Can't have our little feathered friends going hungry.
Last night, I made some new layouts of how the house and yard work are coming along. Also, yesterday was my grandson Stephen's birthday. He spent the day here, helping to paint the house. So this first layout is for Stephen.
*



While the crew is working around the yard and house, I go outside periodically to see how things are going, to maybe take some photos, and to ask questions if I don't understand something. I supposed this can be a bit annoying sometimes, but my son-in-law takes it in stride. Sort of. Here is his layout.
*
Well, at least I think that's what he was saying!!!! It's good to have a sense of humor. I also put together a layout to show how the place is starting to look now that a lot of the overgrown brush is gone from around the house. I can hardly wait to see how it will look once there is grass on both sides of the house. And a new fence too!! Which reminds me, I still have to get out and buy the fencing. Oh joy!!! Here is the layout of the before and after to date.
*
Wow! Big difference, huh? When we were younger, Michael, Artie and I would have done most of this work ourselves. But those days are gone, and now we have to let the younger and stronger guys do the work. And I must say, they are doing a fantastic job of it!
*
Last night, I managed to finish packing up my parts for the August DD's and get them uploaded. After that, Snowy telephoned and we had a lovely chat. It's good to hear your friends' voices when they live so far away. Later, Moo and Erik got back from a photo shoot at Duxbury Beach. Moo is fascinated with the gorgeous sunsets we've been having by the ocean. I'll have more of his photos to share with you tomorrow.
*
Now I have to get some errands done, and pay some bills. Yeesh! That time of the month again! Those bills just keep on coming! Till tomorrow, Y'all stay cool and have a fantabulous day!
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Oh woweeee - what a difference !!! Lol you really had a forrest growing around your house, it makes such a difference to see it without the wilderness, And they are really doing a great job there.Can't wait to see Moo's new pictures tomorrow. I like to see pics odf the area I will not only be visiting but what will also be my home in the future.And the more I see the more I'm liking it,lol.Have a great day -oh my shift has changed again, now 7 pm to 7 am, Can I be really cheeky and ask for the pics you wanted to send me of Erik? Will give me something to play with during the long night ,lol
Hugs Snowy