Saturday, June 5, 2010

Will It Be Panties? Or Lipstick?

June 5, 2010
*
Ah, good morning everybody. We might be in for a bit of rain today. It's a bit gray outside and everything is wet. I got a most wonderful e-mail this morning that did my heart good. My friend said "Take a deep breath, let it all go, and go out and buy yourself some panties." Boy! Did that put a big smile on my face or what!!

It seems that this was advice I had given her some time ago in another situation. Instead of panties, she bought lipstick. And it worked! So, panties it is!!!!! Thanks, my friend!!

We have a new and fun challenge at the Magickal Scraps forum. Kyra came up with this one, and it really is fun. It also makes your imagination work overtime. This month we have to design a book cover for a romance novel. We could either re-design a published book, or make one up. I found a wonderful picture on the web, and worked up a story line and cover to match it. Here's my book cover.







Next, I want to work on the color challenge. The colors this month are bright and sunny. And of course, you get the resulting kit as a freebie. It's a win-win challenge.
*
Right now, I'm doing my laundry. Tonight starts my work week right through Monday afternoon. Hopefully, it will mean a whole new batch of photos too. The countryside offers a wonderful array of flora and fauna not found so readily in the cities and larger towns.
*
This next set of photos was taken at work, very early in the morning. This adorable little finch was sitting on a tree branch just waiting for his turn at the feeder.
*
A quick update on Howie. He's still at the hospital in the Alzheimer's unit, and doing just fine. He's quite a character, and manages to drive the nurses and aides crazy with his antics. Howie moves very quickly, and it's not an easy task to keep up with him.
*
Now I think I will sit back and enjoy my second cup of coffee, and just relax a bit. Maybe read the paper and browse through the sale flyers. Got to find a great sale on some pretty undies. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: