Friday, June 25, 2010

It's A Wicked Heat Wave

June 25, 2010
*
Good morning everybody. At the moment, it's quite lovely outside. According to the weather station, it's around 75 degrees which is nice. Yesterday was really brutally hot. I don't know how they did it, but my yard work crew held up through the wicked heat, and got a lot of work done. I do have to brag, these young men are fantastic. Did I mention that they are my grandsons?

I meant to go out before the clean up started and take pictures of the over growth. Alas, I did not, but late yesterday I did photograph the other side of the house. Both sides were getting to look like forests. I'll make sure to take new photos later when the work is finished.

I'm watching the weather station, and it is showing that most of our country is having higher than normal temperatures. My daughter Audrey has been telling me of their 100 plus temperatures. And it is so muggy and sticky!!!!! Could all this wicked weather be caused from damage we have done over the years to the ozone layer?

I have some photos to share today. First is the saying on the front of a tee shirt that Moo got for me. I must say that it expresses my thoughts on some days quite well!
*
The next two photos were taken this past Monday on my way home from work. It's not often that we see a blimp (dirigible) passing by overhead, so I pulled over to get a couple of photos. They remind me of "gentle giants." They are huge, and seem to move a lot slower than planes. This one is advertising Met Life Insurance.
*
We are in the hurricane season now, and on TV, they are showing the storms that are being tracked in the Gulf of Mexico. It's amazing how they can do this. They even have folks that ride into tornadoes just to get photos!! Not a job I would want.
*
Now I must get going here and get dressed before the work crew shows up an catches me in my nighty. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Lol- can't have that they see you in your nighty. Love that quote on the T-shirt, I actually used that last year on one of my layouts. Take it easy in that heat ! Hugs and Waka Waka - Snowy :)