Friday, May 14, 2010

You Have To Kiss A Few Frogs

May 14, 2010
*
Good morning to you on this gray and drizzly day. There's not a lot happening here. It will probably be a nice lazy day for me and Tootsie. A good day to lie about and read library books and watch TV.

I'm not really in a designing mood. I seem to have picked up a bit of negativitiy and just don't have it in me to design. What a bummer!! Maybe a nice big fat orange will taste good right about now and help to change the mood.

My youngest daughter's social worker just called to say that my daughter was doing just fine and sitting next to the phone listening to my voice. She says that Laura Jean is ready for some new outfits. The staff at Seven Hills keeps her looking so nice that it is a pleasure to shop for Laura Jean. Today her hair is done with one long braid off to the side of her head. WooHoo!! Like mother, like daughter! I have a box of new clothes ready to send to her, so I think it's time to get my fanny off to the post office.

Miss Tootsie is lying here next to me rolling around and doing her "ooh" and "aah" and "why don't you play with me" act. Every now and then, she stops and just looks up at me, panting with her little tongue hanging out of her mouth. Okay, okay! Just let me finish my post, and I'll play some more with you. You just gotta love this little kid.

Yesterday, I bought another bird book. I'm still trying to put names on some of the birds that I have photographed. You know, it's like the saying "You have to kiss a few frogs to get to the prince." All books are not written equally. Each one has some information that the others don't have.
My new book "Birds of North America" calls itself "The Complete Photographic Guide To All Species." While browsing through it, I found what I think is my black bird. Remember this photo?

It's either an American Crow or a Fish Crow. They are nearly identical except that the Fish Crow has shaggy feathers around the neck area. I tend to think it's the Fish Crow, but I'm still not positive. Ah well, I'll keep looking. If nothing else, these books are really interesting.
*
Well, it's almost lunchtime, so I think I'll stop now and play a bit with Tootsie, and then make us some lunch. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a terrific day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: