Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Double Rainbows

May 5, 2010
*
Good morning, and oh boy, do I have some exciting news to share today. Last night, just before we ran out of daylight, Moo called me from the little store down the street. He was very excited, and was telling me "Ed, you've got to grab your camera and get outside by the street. There's a gorgeous double rainbow in the sky, but it's disappearing fast!"
*
Oh wow!! I have never seen a double rainbow, and Moo has only seen one once before. Yesterday was a beautiful, warm, sunny day, that turned into thunder storms late in the afternoon. When Moo called me, the rain was just letting up, but the sky was filled with lots of weird looking clouds - some various shades of gray, and some reddish, and they were moving fast.
*
I was able to get a few photos of the first rainbow, but the second one was already almost completely covered up by the clouds. Whichever direction you turned, the sky was different. It was hard to choose a couple of photos to post here, so I'm posting most of them. The first photo is the rainbow over my house. As you can see, only one is showing here.
*

*
These next two photos were taken a few houses down from my house where there was still a glimpse of the second rainbow. I have put a yellow arrow pointing to this second rainbow, because the clouds are moving so fast that it is difficult to capture it with the camera.
*







































I turned a bit to the left and took this photo of the clouds that were quickly hiding the rainbows from us. Note the weird colors, and how quickly the sky is changing, all in a matter of seconds.
*













*
This next photo shows the clouds swallowing up the only rainbow still visible. What an unbelievably beautiful sight!!!!!!!
*

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
For this last photo, we moved a few house past mine in the opposite direction. The view of the sky there was just awesome. Imagine!! All this in just a seconds, and depending on which direction your camera was facing.
*


*
After this last photo, I said to Moo, "All is well now with God and His Heavens." A couple minutes later, I was sitting here at my laptop looking at my photos, and it was already dark outside. This whole episode only took a few minutes. Wow!!
*
A coincidence maybe, but all of this took place just moments after Tootsie's doctor called to give us the results of her latest tests for the lump under her jaw. There does not appear to be anything malignant there. The worst that will happen will be if the antibiotics don't clear it up, then they can operate and remove it. A much better diagnosis than the alternative.
*
On this note, I shall drink my coffee, and wish Y'all a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Snowy said...

Woooooooowwwwww !!!! What a sky !!! Holy Moly !! What a tame and protected corner we live in over here,don't get dramatic effects like that !! Absolutely stunning ! OK- none of you really need to convince me anymore- I would move over just for the Wildlife and to get pictures like this, never mind Erik(only joking,lol)-What is your little racoon doing? Still there???Good to know that Tootsie is ok, the poor girl has enough to deal with.
Hugs Snowy

Mary Ann Roesler said...

That same double rainbow was in Wisconsin! But my photos didn't turn out as well as yours! Jealously is not a virture! Honesty Edna your photos are outstanding. I know you hand hold your camera. Your zooms are awesome. I was 2 weeks behind and there wasn't one bad photo. The PS tulips were great. Try some more like it. Mary Ann

smiekeltje said...

What a marvellous experience it must have been to watch that!!! And I am so happy to hear that the lump Tootsie has isn't anything malicious! Let's hope the antibiotics will do the work, so no surgery will be necessary! I think if we believe in magic hard enough, sometimes little miracles do happen!
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra