Friday, April 9, 2010

You Can Almost Smell These Flowers!!

April 9, 2010

Well, it's a bit chilly this morning, and rather soggy wet with rain. Ah, but I'm not complaining because this past week has just been wonderful, so sunny and warm. The only bad part of today is that my son's visit has come to an end, and tonight he will be on his way home. This two weeks has just gone by too fast for me.

This morning, he and Moo have gone out to get a haircut. Me, I'm busy washing my scatter rugs. Tootsie has been having a "pee on the scatter rug" spell. Yesterday, I bought a couple more new rugs. They are in the washer and dryer so much that the backing on them starts to crumble after about a year. But her little life has a bit of stress too, so I don't really mind.

I had planned on going to the park today to try out the new rental lens, but again, I misread things, and it isn't due to be delivered until later today or tomorrow. On the other hand, it wouldn't be much fun taking photos in the rain. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for this.

My friend Mary Ann gave me this wonderful gadget for my camera. It's a window tripod, (actually, it's called a window mount) and it attaches to your car window. This way, you don't even have to get out of the car to take your photos. I want to play with that this weekend too.

The boys are back now, and I want to spend some time with my son, so I shall share a couple more photos with you, and take my leave. These photos are of more of our Spring flowers. The first is a tulip getting ready to open it's beautiful petals, and the second one is a gorgeous purple hyacynth. Hope you like them.
































Mmmmmm!! If only I could describe the wonderful smell that wafts up to my nose from these beautiful flowers! They smell like Spring! Well, I'm off now to start my day, and put those scatter rugs into the dryer. (They are done washing) Even Tootsie is looking a bit sad today. I think she knows that her big brother is leaving to go home, and it makes her a bit sad too.
*
I shall now post the Daily Download Day 9 for you. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"DD Day 09"

1 comment: