Tuesday, March 23, 2010

More Rain And A Video For You

March 23, 2010

Good morning. It's 7:30 a.m. and quite gray, dismal and rainy outside my window. Tootsie's next round of chemo starts this morning, so we had to get up a bit early today. In a few moments, she will have a "quickie" bath, and we'll get ready to leave for her appointment.

After yesterdays post, I realized that I should have explained a little bit about the movie "Yankee Doodle Dandy." If you've never watched it, there's a good reason. It was produced in 1942. It was a magnificent biographical film about George M. Cohan. For more on Mr. Cohan, try Google or Wikipedia. He wrote a lot of great music, including "You're A Grand Old Flag," "Mary" and "Give My Regards To Broadway."

If you'd like to see snippets from the movie, I am going to attempt to upload a small video for you to watch. If I'm successful, it should appear right about here. Don't forget to pause the music player at the bottom of the page. Just click on the large middle button on the left side of the player. Otherwise, it will play all through the video.


*
Now it's time for us to leave for the hospital. Enjoy the little video. If it doesn't show up, I'll try to fix it when I get back home. Y'all stay dry and have a great day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: