Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's Snail Mail or No Mail

March 9, 2010
*
Well I made it back over here again (to the computer room). The last time I was here it was so cold that I complained at the office about it. This evening, it is quite warm in here. Seems like you can't win for losing!!
*
Today the temperature was in the 70's here, so I went out for a ride and to do a bit of shopping. Every time I go out, I pass a place where you can take a helicopter tour of the area. I am so tempted to try this out. Who knows? Maybe before I head home, I will treat me to a helicopter ride!!
*
We have a 30 minute limit here to use the internet connection, so my posts from here cannot be very long. Plus it takes forever to download and upload anything - they have dial-up internet here. For the life of me I cannot understand why they couldn't at least put in high speed service. Oh well, I'll be home soon enough and back to my high speed.
*
Today I only have two photos for you, but oh are they ever nice!! They are of a giraffe who was busy having himself some lunch, and didn't mind my taking photos of him. Enjoy.
*



*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
That's it for today. Now I shall go back to my condo and scrounge up something for supper. Till next time, Y'all have a fantastic evening.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

Edna, you are having just the greatest animal photography vacation! If I didn't already love your photos, I would be in love with your work now! The giraffe ones are so cool and I have always been nuts about squirrels and that baby squirrel is just fantastic.

It's funny how we get so used to high speed Internet, huh? I can't wait to see more photos when you get back! Enjoy the warm...it's coming back up here a little too!

smiekeltje said...

Hello Edna.

Twp other fantastic pxitures. You are really having a ball there! And oh please, don;t hire me for the cleaning up! It may seem I am quick with that, but in reality I am certainly NOT! Only to get there to make a little bucket with the water and cleaning stuff and actually start doing it takes ages(if not to say days or more LOL). So I am not the right person for it. Although I should love to do some for you, it;s not the mind that is protesting. It's a bit boring that the internet isn;t just there whenever you want to do something and then also on top so slow. I think we are just spoiled. Curious to see if you can make it to the chat, but i think that will be a bit diffucult for you, with the limited time you get. Oh well, there will be another next month! Have a great time now. Hugs
Kyra

smiekeltje said...

Sorry for the mistakes in the typing. LOL