Saturday, March 20, 2010

HAPPY SPRING!!!

March 20, 2010

Spring is here and my flowers are beginning to come up. Yesterday I raked a few old dry leaves from my little garden area, and lo and behold!! There were flowers pushing up through the ground. Maybe later today I will do a bit more raking.

This morning, my daughter in law is going to the park with me to shoot some bird photos. There is usually a large assortment of ducks, geese, swans and gulls at the park. This week, I have to return the lens that I rented, so I would like to use it a bit first. It's the Canon 100-400 mm, and it's really a great lens, but it is just too heavy for me to carry around.

There are some other great lenses that I would like to try, so I will rent another one when this first one is returned. What a great idea - renting lenses!! Some lenses are quite expensive, so it is great to be able to try them out first before spending lots of money.

Now for the good news!! Y-E-A-H"!!! We have heat and hot water again!!!!! The dwarfs were ever so happy to be able to take nice hot showers again. And no more heating a pan of water on the stove to wash the dishes either. There is still a lot of work to be done in the cellar, but we can't go much further with it until after the insurance adjuster comes. Why, I don't know, but we will humor the man.

Uncle Moo has worked tirelessly through it all, and really should rest up this weekend. What would I have done without him? Thank you Moo.

Today I have a photo of another unidentified bird. So again, if you know what it is, please let me know. This one is quite unusual, yet rather pretty.

That's all for today. Now it's time to get ready to go out and play with the big lens. Y'all have a fantabulous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Scrappincop said...

Edna -

I hope you are drying out finally! I wanted to stop by and thank you for the great award! I really appreciate it! Have a great weekend!