Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Four And Twenty Blackbirds....

March 30, 2010

Well, it looks as if March is certainly not going out like a lamb. Yesterday, it rained all day and night, and today we are going to get more heavier rain. It was already coming in to the basement last night. Moo has been trying to keep ahead of it, but it's not easy trying to win against Mother Nature.

Several towns and cities around us are already under water and a lot of homes have been evacuated again. Our state has been declared a disaster area. So many people have lost most everything they had. Let's see how soon the Federal government will come to the aid of it's citizens.

On a brighter note, I did finish up one of my Daily Download kits. I chose the month of September to make a title and color swatch for, and yesterday I finished my part of the kit and uploaded previews to the forum. I must say that I was quite pleased with it.

I also finished the Brush Challenge, and made a mini paper pack with it which I will give you as a freebie at some point. Today I have a couple more of my Florida photos to share with you. These are of the beautiful black bird that I can't quite put a name to.

The photos and descriptions in my bird books are not cut and dried. They focus on three black birds. The Raven, the Crow and the Brewer's Blackbird. The Brewers Blackbird has yellow eyes, the Raven is a larger rougher version of the Crow. So I will have to just call my bird a Blackbird. If you can tell the difference, let me know.





























Remember the nursery rhyme "Sing A Song Of Sixpence"? I looked it up on Google, and found that the history of this rhyme goes back to Medieval times.
*

Now we're off to keep Tootsie's chemo appointments. Much as we do not want to go out in the rain, we have to. Enjoy the bird photos and the nursery rhyme. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay dry, and have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Looks like a crow ,Edna . Too small and thin for a raven,it seems. Lol- as you know ,Ravens follow me around , so I'm pretty familiar with that kind of bird.