Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh Goodie! A New Toy To Play With!

February 25, 2010

Well, here I sit waiting for the bad weather to get here. The sooner it gets here, the sooner it goes away and my plane will take off okay on Sunday. As for the foot, we are learning to tolerate each other. Well, not really, but we are trying.

Yesterday morning was quite an experience as Tootsie and I made our way from the house to the car to the hospital and back again. It was pouring rain, and I was trying to carry her, my purse, an umbrella ( closed, of course) my purse and my car keys. Once we got out in the rain, I dropped my keys. By the time I was able to pick them up, I was thoroughly soaked.

Eventually, I did get Tootsie to the car and into her car seat. Next I got myself back around the car and inside it too. By now I was all out of breath so it took about ten minutes to get my breathing back to normal. (I have wicked asthma) At the hospital, I got soaked again trying to set up Tootsie's stroller and getting her into it. Needless to say, when we got home, I called for Moo to come out and carry Tootsie into the house for me. He also drove us later for her afternoon appointment.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. But it is fun to whine now and then, and get babied a little bit. I also had a nice surprise yesterday afternoon. The lens that I have rented for my photo shoots in Florida was delivered. Wow!! This thing is HUGE!!! And HEAVY!! Thank goodness my new backpack has a handle and wheels! This is where that lens will have to live.

I set the lens and camera up on the tripod to try it out, but there is really nothing to photograph outside my window at the moment. So I took a picture of one of the cars in the front yard. The zoom was only at 200mm, but you can get the idea of the difference it will make. I placed little flowers on the license plate. The first photo is with my regular lens, and the second one is with the rental lens. I can't wait to really try it out.






Well, that's it for this morning. I have to get dressed and keep an appointment at the nail salon. My nails have been neglected terribly these past few weeks. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

Bless Moo for helping you and Tootsie, but I admire your determination giving it a try n the rain too! I found out at school that bookbag, cane and umbrella doesn't work for me either and I've done the drop the keys in the rain with a cat carrier too, so I have the most sincere empathy there!

Edna, you're going to sell me an SLR camera yet! That rental lens is going to give you some fine photos in Florida. Praying for a quick storm in, out and airports cleared for you this weekend!!

Snowy said...

Lol- love the little flowers on the number plate of the car.I can understand that you can't wait to play with the lens ! Not long now ,lol ,get packing ! Hugs Snowy

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.