Monday, February 22, 2010

New Spring Fashions Are Here

February 22, 2010

Good morning!! The sun is shining and it's supposed to get up to about 45 degrees today. BUT, then we have a good chance of getting more snow tonight, and rain after that for a few days. This morning Tootsie and I were supposed to leave early for her chemo, but we did not make it. It was not a good night for sleeping, and then we finally slept too late. Not to worry, we will go tomorrow and Wednesday. Oh joy, our first day out driving and it will be rainy.

I am watching "Spring Fashions" on the shopping channel. Great news! The jumpsuit is coming back into fashion. Unfortunately, the one they are showing is made of a stretchy knit. Actually, all the new fashions they are showing are made of a stretchy knit. I guess I will have to hang onto my old clothes this year.

Wouldn't it be nice if they would use short chubby models for a change? If they did, they would not be using so many stretchy knit fabrics. At least the new shoes they are showing are rather pretty. Oh dear, now they are showing the matching handbag. (It matches the lovely new shoes) It is quite large with both a short handle and a shoulder strap. They have forgotten to throw in a wheel barrow to carry the purse in!! It's huge!!

I am at that point in life where large cumbersome handbags are not fun to carry. I have even switched back to a backpack with wheels and a telescoping handle for my laptop. Now there's a great idea for handbags! Just put wheels and a telescopic handle on them, and they can make them as large as they like!

The saleslady is now describing the new fabric as lovely, breathable "Slinky." If you are slim, it is quite lovely. If you have any extra pounds or wrinkles, it shows every tiny little imperfection. She is saying how nicely the Slinky material glides over your every curve!! In all fairness, the colors are really lovely. Time to change the channel.

My share photo today is of another beautiful star, Andromeda, who was the daughter of Cassiopeia. My son and his family purchased this star a few years ago to be named for my daughter Kerri. The nice part is that you cannot pick the star that you are purchasing for a name change. And yet, we got mother and daughter stars. So here is lovely Andromeda.



















Now it is time for me to hobble around behind the vacuum cleaner. Or maybe I won't. We shall see. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: