Sunday, January 10, 2010

My New Mittens Are Fantastic!!!

January 10, 2010

Man, is it ever cold this morning!!!!! Definitely not a good day to go walking. One good thing though, the sun is shining. THANK YOU MARY ANN for my new mittens!!! I went out to start my car this morning before it was time to leave work. I was dressed in my winter jacket and my new mittens, and let me tell you, when I came back into the house, my hands were SNUGGLY WARM!! Under my coat was not!!!

I was going to take a nap this morning but first I need to warm up the bedroom. Thank goodness for my electric fireplaces. One helps to keep my bedroom toasty and the other warms up the living room. So I will wait a little while and give the room a chance to warm up before I go in for my nap.

I also made a little movie to show you. I just have to figure out how to put it here on the blog, but so far, I'm not having any luck. Oh well, I'll keep trying, there must be a way.

As for my cold, I really do think I am going to survive it. I think I'm feeling better. At least the eyes haven't been watery since last night. That has to be a good sign! I'd like to thank everybody who sent me get well wishes. And thanks Nani. Last night I had a nice big cup of hot chocolate before I went to lie down. M-m-m-m-m-m Good!!!!! I was able to get a few good winks, and felt much better this morning.

I have a photo to share this morning of a very cold, country morning view. This one was taken earlier this week.
*

















Gosh! You get shivers just looking at it! I have some other photos, but first I have to send them to Photoshop and crop them. Okay, okay, just one more. This one is of a cardinal who is one of the little birds in the backyard at work. I can't help myself when they are such cute little critters. I just keep on taking photos. What I usually do is put my camera on continuous shooting. That way, I get lots of photos, and there's bound to be some good ones.


Now I really must go put on a warm bathrobe or something before I turn into a popsicle. I don't have a fireplace here in the computer room, and it's a wee bit chilly. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Snowy said...

Edna, you upload the movie to Photobucket and then copy and paste the link-that easy ! Hugs Snowy

Nani said...

I’m glad you’re starting to feel better. Amazing how good a warm drink before bed feels!

You take pictures like Mensa says to do it! I read a long time ago in a Mensa magazine that the key to taking good vacation photos was to take pictures like there’s no film in the camera (thank goodness for digital!) and don’t be afraid to throw out (delete) all but the really good ones. It’s the best way to be sure you have a really good shot! Your cardinal is gorgeous!