Monday, October 19, 2009

October Snowfall

October 19, 2009

Woo Hoo!!! I opened the door to leave for work last night, and guess what????? SNOW!!!!! The middle of October, and everything is being covered up with a blanket of snow. So first the car had to be cleaned off, and then the windows defrosted. Here I have a picture of the snow in my yard when I was leaving the house.


















On the way to work, the snow would come down heavy at times, and then lighten up a bit. Sometimes there was a bit of rain mixed in with the snow. Just enough to make everyone drive more slowly. I barely made it to work on time, even though I left early.

I tried to get a decent picture of the road through my windshield, but it is difficult when you are driving. First of all, it is dark out so the flash will come on and make reflections on the window. Second, the car is moving, and the pictures cannot be focused because I have to keep my eyes on the road. So, I just hold the camera up with one hand and click away. Sometimes I can get lucky and get a pretty good picture. It did not work so good last night, but I can show you at least one. It will give you an idea of the weather.


It's not the best picture, but you can get the idea. This morning, most of the snow was gone from the roads, with just some left in the yards and fields. By tomorrow, most all of it should be gone. Unless we get more!! Did I say that? Put hot pepper in my mouth and make me stand in the corner!!!!!
*
Yesterday, Snow Raven had some really good news to share with us. Her partner, Morgana, who has been among the missing all year, contacted her with some wonderful news. She and Morien are doing okay, and have been blessed with a beautiful baby girl, Lily Amber. I'm wishing them much happiness.
*
Last night, I did get to work on my new kit, "Paw Prints On My Heart," and also to knit a while on a scarf that I am making as a gift for one of my friends. I haven't done any knitting for a while so my hands were quite stiff for a bit till they got used to the knitting movements. I need to do more of this sort of thing to keep my hands working well.
*
Gosh, time is flying by and next thing you know the holiday will be upon us, and I won't be ready. I think I am about half done with my shopping. Later on, I will have to take everything out and sort it into piles or bags. Then I will have a better idea of what is left to do. It would be nice to have everything done and out of the way by the end of next month. Wouldn't that be nice? Keep dreaming , Edna.
*
Crooknees, I have not heard from you lately, and are hoping you are well and haven't caught any of the flu bugs that are going around. I miss your cheerful smile. Now I am off to do a bit of laundry. Seems Miss Tootsie isn't feeling so well this morning, and has had a bit of an accident on her blanket. No big deal. Soap and water to the rescue. After a nice warm bath, she is having a nap in her new little bed. Y'all have a marvelous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

And there was me thinking you are knee deep in the snow by now,lol. Ooofff-I have just cleared my drive of about 8 gig of files - should be running more smoothly now- but still lots of folders to sort out 3 dvds with designs and resources burned as well. I'm slowly working my way through.Housework is done. But now I will have a break, a snack and watch another part of sexy Trueblood Vampires, while lazily reclining on my bed upstairs,lol- gotta have some of these moments while I'm off work.Shaun is still working so it's all pieceful and quiet here.
Hugs Snowy