Sunday, October 11, 2009

Br-r-r-r! Time To Dig Out My Jacket

October 11, 2009

Br-r-r-r! This morning I had to defrost my car windows before I could leave work. They were covered with ice!!! Next thing you know, I'll have to start wearing my winter jacket. I usually just wear a sweatshirt jacket, but this morning it did not keep me very warm on my way home. Good thing cars come with heaters.

This week I finished my ABC challenges with the letters X, Y and Z. For my "X" my layout is "Xmas Memories." Santa Claus used to come to my house every year on Christmas Eve. If for some reason Christmas Eve fell on a Friday night (my Santa was Jewish and went to Temple on Friday nights), then my substitute Santa filled in. Guess who my substitute was? Yup! Good ole Uncle Moo. (That's me and him inside the ornament!)























**
For the letter "Y" I used the word "Youth." Once we get to an advanced age, we understand just how precious youth really is. The lovely lass featured in this layout is Audrey, from birth to adulthood.
**






















**
Next we have the letter "Z." This is not an easy letter to work with. However, while looking through some of my photos, I noticed a trend. I like to take close-ups whenever possible. So that brings us to my word for this letter. "Zoom." I zoomed in on the original photo to make the background paper, then included the original so you could see the "Zoom" effect.
**


**
I have just finished chatting with an old friend, AK, who lives in Florida. Years ago, she was my next door neighbor. Gosh, if you met her, you would never forget her. She must be over six feet tall, very very thin and always had very long, straight black hair. She is part Indian, either Navajo or Cherokee (I forget now). Ak is always bubbling over with fun and laughter no matter how yucky she is feeling. So today's phone call was a really nice treat.
**
Well, I think that's it for today's chat. Kyra has sent me some addresses for new resources, so I want to go check them out before I take my nap. Tonight is my long shift. Y'all have a really magnificent day now.
**
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: